New Book

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Yes, PDF conversion doesn't retain line numbering unfortunately.

MrTAToad

Okay.  I've included the current cover and PDF file.

I'll add some of your comments to the back page later on when people have had a good look at the book.

The price is now just over £27 - unfortunately the pictures will be in black and white (because the layout chosen doesn't allow colour printing), although the download version should be in colour...

To make the sample code stand out a bit more, I'll be putting it in a box :

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr115/MrTAToad/test-4.png

[attachment deleted by admin]

matchy

Well done on the cover pattern.  :enc: I like it and it will look great on school and public library shelves.  :glare:

MrTAToad

QuoteWell done. Excellent work.   

Now for Volume II.
Thanks!  There wont be a Volume 2 - of anything - for a while... I really should get on with my game :)

However, one obvious idea would be DDGui...

By the way, I do hope people wont mind me quoting them for the back page of the cover =D

The digital version is around £3.50 or so...

MrTAToad

I've made the book available now (http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/glbasic-programmers-reference-guide/12933525)

There should be a download version available for £3-odd, whilst the book is £27.96

455 pages, black and white pictures unfortunately, due to the page size not allowing colour for some reason  :blink:

So, if anyone has found anything thats incorrect, now is the time to let me know :)

Schranz0r

Not bad, but LET is outdatet! :D
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

MrTAToad

Quote from: Schranz0r on 2010-Oct-03
Not bad, but LET is outdatet! :D
I do mention that LET is outdated in the Command Reference section.  It is also somewhat mentioned in the first tutorial too.

However, no matter how outdated the command is, its still a valid one :)

Youkaisan

Bought ALL digital versions with LULU's cybermonday coupon... great books, and that's a STEAL!

bigsofty

Page 15 of the GLBPRG has some graphics missing, representing the masking of sprites.

Oh and the Lulu Cybermonday code is "CYBER305"

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Will have to check that with my copy!  Thanks for that.

erico

finally bought both PROGRAMMERS REFERENCE GUIDE and USER GUIDE(second ed) pdf version.
Great addons to my humble setup.

MrTAToad

Glad you like it!

I couldn't find anything wrong with the sprite pictures...   Perhaps you have a (rare) early copy!