iPhone 3D Broken

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

I am sure you are aware of this Gernot but just to re-affirm, the latest update, version 7.301, has not fixed this problem unfortunately.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

No. I'm aware of that, but when it crashes in the core, that's very bad and hard to debug.

bigsofty

Any fix in sight yet? I've had a completed iPhone application on ice for over a month, it works fine on the PC.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

I moved the
// Make a rotor
c=RGB(0xff, 0xff, 0xff)
cn=RGB(0xff,0xff,0xff)

to the top of the code. Compiled, did a "clean build" and it was running fine on my iPhone. Compiled for OS 3.0.0. (current version of the updates).

[edit]
I fixed the colour bug, too. It seems that glColorPointer requires a set of FOUR RGBA values. I passed 3, which is perfectly OK due to the docs.

bigsofty

Thanks Gernot, its reassuringly closer for my app. I am now getting the little helicopter on my iPod, which is great.  :booze:

My App is still crashing with the same error but its much further into the code.

A question though, can a .DDD model be OK for the PC but not ne valid for the iPhone? (Vertices limits etc?)
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

might, yes.
Oh dear. How many vertices does it have? Try loading a low-poly thing just for a start, maybe.

bigsofty

Well I applied the patch this morning, and everything works, even the suspect models that crashed the app. This is great, thanks Gernot!  :enc:

Edit: There is a little problem with ambient light, compared to the PC display but this is small peanuts compared to the app not running at all. Thanks again!  :nw:
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)