"plim!" sound when compiling on GLBv14.106

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Long ago I got that, now I´m having it again.
Everytime I compile from the ide I get a windows warning sound.
Everything works fine though.

Does anyone know anything about this?

edit: could it have anything to do with the system sound? I notice as soon as the compiled game runs, the volume keys on keyboard stays unresponsive for about 10 seconds and then it computes.

Ian Price

It's due to a non-standard window size being selected when setting up/displaying your screen resolution. Try using windowed/full screen options (0 or 1) when setting up your resolution to see if it stops.
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

Great hint!

It was my settings on the project options. It had a fullscreen marked there and I have a 9999x9998 resolution set.
But the culprid is the fullscreen set on the project options.

I still have a ~10 seconds delay before my keyboard volume keys will respond after a GLB game compile and runs.
But that I guess is not a problem. The plim sound was driving me nuts.

Thanks Ian :booze:

Ian Price

Can't help with the keyboard volume issues, but at least you have one less thing to worry about now!
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

It´s fine, the delay is probably related to some bizarre system changes I did to deal sound codecs.
Thanks again for the lead! :good:

spacefractal

Im have allways disabled any windows sounds..... Mine game is allways start in 640x480 windows (or around) and then detect the desktop resolution and select that as fullscreen....
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/