UBER BASH BROS DEMO (Updated: Version 0.77a with CPUs and bug fixes)

Previous topic - Next topic

Darmakwolf

Quote from: Wampus on 2014-Dec-23
This is the kind of game that should be on YouTube Let's Play channels. Its just so crazy.

I take that as a compliment!

Darmakwolf

Just added AirMan's stage to compliment CutMan's stage. I will probably add a couple from Megaman 3 and 6 as well. If anyone has a favorite stage/area from a NES game feel free to suggest!

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/smrp6ipo7d5bg2r/UBB0775a.zip?dl=0

Fixes keyboard setup skipping keys sometimes.
Fixes multi-button-pressing with Sniper Joe.
Fixes invincibility exploit with Metall.
Fixes CutMan's stage having non-solid floors in some places.
Fixes a mysterious glitch!

Darmakwolf

I'm not sure there's much interest for my game. If anyone wants something added I guess let me know.  :giveup:

erico

Oh yes there is.

I just can´t get to play it yet as this beginning of year was supposed to be easy and it turned into a lot of work out of nowhere.
It is also 40 degrees celsius here in Florianópolis island and the very few free time means a beach hit.

Will check it out soon, it seems to have evolved nicely with all the Ai and stuff! :good:

nabz32

tried it again today,

I tried sniper joe, seems like he can´t jump anymore.
The masktrooper from SM offers some cool gameplay variations.
The bomb dropping Lava bird seemed a bit overpowered ( hard to tell against the easy AI ).

bigsofty

Couldn't get the virtual gamepad to work. It asked me for my keyboard buttons OK but no response in game.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrPlow

Gonna download and try this tomorrow!
Looks really good!

Been hectic dealing with a bandai issue myself - lost 6k of downloads on an app and have to start again.

Oh well
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Darmakwolf

Quote from: nabz32 on 2015-Jan-28
tried it again today,

I tried sniper joe, seems like he can´t jump anymore.
The masktrooper from SM offers some cool gameplay variations.
The bomb dropping Lava bird seemed a bit overpowered ( hard to tell against the easy AI ).

I just double triple checked. He jumps fine. Did you get the latest version?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/smrp6ipo7d5bg2r/UBB0775a.zip?dl=0

Make sure your keys are set up right. If you mess up, delete the corresponding .ini file in the media folder.

Darmakwolf

Quote from: bigsofty on 2015-Jan-29
Couldn't get the virtual gamepad to work. It asked me for my keyboard buttons OK but no response in game.

Really? I've had probably 20+ of my local friends try it on their PCs and the keyboard works great. Are you absolutely sure you're using the proper keys? Check keyboard.ini - the keycodes are GLBasic keycodes corresponding to the key pressed in the file. Alternatively, try a different mode (windowed vs full,) and try a game controller. It's also possible your PC is not granting the game permission to write keyboard.ini. Try running as administrator. My keyboard.ini file looks like:

[UBBControllerConfig2.0]
face0=30
face1=31
face2=45
face3=44
start=28

That lets you use A/S/Z/X for the face buttons, and enter for start.

Darmakwolf

Quote from: MrPlow on 2015-Jan-29
Gonna download and try this tomorrow!
Looks really good!

Been hectic dealing with a bandai issue myself - lost 6k of downloads on an app and have to start again.

Oh well

Let me know how it goes. I may be encouraged to update it further. I *want* to finish it, but I just get very little feedback even locally, so I don't know what is or isn't fun or working right.

bigsofty

Quote from: Darmakwolf on 2015-Jan-30
Quote from: bigsofty on 2015-Jan-29

Really? I've had probably 20+ of my local friends try it on their PCs and the keyboard works great. Are you absolutely sure you're using the proper keys? Check keyboard.ini - the keycodes are GLBasic keycodes corresponding to the key pressed in the file. Alternatively, try a different mode (windowed vs full,) and try a game controller. It's also possible your PC is not granting the game permission to write keyboard.ini. Try running as administrator. My keyboard.ini file looks like:

[UBBControllerConfig2.0]
face0=30
face1=31
face2=45
face3=44
start=28

That lets you use A/S/Z/X for the face buttons, and enter for start.

Ok, I'll have another go tonight.  :)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Ian Price

I'm really sorry, but I've just not had much time or motivation for anything - I've not even opened GLB to code since I completed my Advent game at the end of November. That's two months ago. I've got commercial games from Christmas 2013 (and plenty more besides) that are still wrapped in cellophane. Time has not been on my side.

I don't think there's a lack of interest, just some things take priorities or there's a lack of time.

We're not a big community anymore, so feedback is often limited - I've released/mentioned stuff here and got no feedback; that doesn't mean that nobody cares though.

Perhaps releasing your demo/game on sites that cater for this type of game will bring better results.
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

Ian Price

We're definitely quality, but quantity? Not so much :(
I came. I saw. I played.

bigsofty

OK, working fine tonight  :S, a really fun multilayer game if you can get enough people around the TV!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)