Help with sound issues on Kindle Fire?

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

try disabling some services in the background.

AlienMenace

Apps published: 3

Kitty Hello

Yes, I heard that some background tasks take too much CPU power.

AlienMenace

Gernot,

My Kindle is running stock, same background tasks as anybody else who is going to buy it. The display runs well, I would think if background tasks were at fault then we would surely see it affect more than just sound effects being played. For what it's worth, I don't think the update where you increased the sound buffer sized fixed this issue on other Android tablets either as the sound is still is not quite right on my other tablets. Do you have any ideas on the other issues? Obviously sprite collisions crashing the tablet are a terminal issue for any type of action game. The screen/mouse co-ords not reporting correctly are also a pretty big deal.

Thanks. 

spacefractal

I gonna ask, which framerate do you using?

I think those sound issues might happens if the game have been lagged somewhere, and then sound buffer might got full instead. etc LIMITFPS actulley just slow down if there going too much, and hence you would hear those sound issues.

That is one the reason I choiced to "only" run 25fps for Android to prevent slowdowns, which is still nice for the kind of gametype I doing. Here I have not heard any sound issues. So my guess mightbeen the SOUNDBUFFER quicky got full due slowdowns and hence those stutters and delays?

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

AlienMenace

Wondering if any of these issues are going to be addressed any time soon?

Thanks.

Kitty Hello

don't use sprcoll for an action game. Usually Boxcoll is totally enough. SPRCOLL costs a lot of CPU time.

AlienMenace

So I take it you don't intend to fix the sprite collision bug? Any hope for the other issues being fixed?

Kitty Hello

I have to check why this happens. I hope I can reproduce it.

Wampus

I think

Quote from: AlienMenace on 2012-Jan-09
So I take it you don't intend to fix the sprite collision bug? Any hope for the other issues being fixed?

The Kindle Fire offers a potential new app market, so I think it would be great to get GLBasic working with it as well as possible. We all benefit from trying to help each other, so, have you asked if Gernot even has a Kindle Fire for testing? If you have asked and he is lacking, have you offered to lend yours so he could see what the issues are? Such things might help.

AlienMenace

Quote from: Wampus on 2012-Jan-10
The Kindle Fire offers a potential new app market, so I think it would be great to get GLBasic working with it as well as possible.

Yeah, ya think? Some of us have games ready to be released but are having to sit on them due to these serious issues.
I first reported the sound and screen issues almost 2 months ago. I would really like to get my game out someday.  :)

Gernot, do you have a Kindle Fire?

Wampus

Should be able to help with troubleshooting myself soon. Will have a Kindle Fire one in about...a fortnight at most. I'm in Canada so acquiring one requires multiple steps. One does not simply order a Kindle Fire.

erico

...as for a market, it seems it only accepts EUA and only sells there.
Is it still that way?

Wampus

AFAIK The Kindle Fire won't let you download music, video, movies or apps outside the US, so the market is a bit limited for now. However, I've been told by someone from the Amazon Appstore Account team that you can definitely upload your apps for distribution. If you're looking at paid apps then the amount you need to sell has to be $100 after taxes before a check is sent out for international devs.

erico

Thanks for clarifying Wampus, so I guess that counts as an extra store too.
I will be checking a list of them as soon as game is done.
Maybe then I post a list of stores we can sell things on another thread.