Nice little music util

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/index.php

Sunvox

Simple little tracker, easy interface, great sound... perfect for the little tunes for my games.

Going cheap just now(Christmas sale), also you get OSX version free with the Win32 version.

So good I bought it for my iPod too!  :good:

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

Thanks for sharing. I'm too stupid for that, though. The only thing I can do is "Ms SongSmith".  :P

bigsofty

Umm, well I looked up MS SongSmith on youtube... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTXG2uKNLIw  :noggin:

Well, after listening to it for a bit I have to quote Homer Simpson: "Urge to kill... rising..."  :blink:  :S hehe
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

ketil

The sunvox tracker is now FREE on all platforms except iphone, but the engine sourcecode is opensource (BSD license).

The sourcecode of the engine used the current version 1.5 is not included in the download as I understand it was in earlier versions.
Maybe just the tracker is updated and not the engine/replayer ?

Anyway ... I found the BSD licensed engine source-code on the web, and I'll probably try to build it and test it in GLB :)

If it work OK (and don't use to much processor power), I will rewrite the player to dynamically change which track/pattern to play from the "current mood" in the game. This is a cool idea as the ingame music would probably never be the same :)
"Sugar makes the world go 'round. Caffeine makes it spin faster."

toprngr

Iam looking for it from long long ago but have purchased it recently and it is working good but i came to no that its prices as been came down. Here from your link i saw there are many products with lots of features and low prices. I appreciate your altitude of sharing things and i request you to share things which will help others.

Hatonastick

Those sort of trackers are too complex for me.  I can just about manage ModPlug Tracker (http://www.modplug.com/trackerinfo.html) and that's about it.  :blink:
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

bigsofty

Quote from: ketil on 2010-Aug-02
The sunvox tracker is now FREE on all platforms except iphone, but the engine sourcecode is opensource (BSD license).

The sourcecode of the engine used the current version 1.5 is not included in the download as I understand it was in earlier versions.
Maybe just the tracker is updated and not the engine/replayer ?

Anyway ... I found the BSD licensed engine source-code on the web, and I'll probably try to build it and test it in GLB :)

If it work OK (and don't use to much processor power), I will rewrite the player to dynamically change which track/pattern to play from the "current mood" in the game. This is a cool idea as the ingame music would probably never be the same :)

That's a great idea I would love to see GLBasic tame the SunVox engine!

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

backslider

nice tool and easy to use xD crazy!

toprngr

This is indeed really great software for musician or any people that are working on a record. It seems like it is very easy to use, comparing to those that have a more sophisticated function that will have you scratching your head all the time. And come to think about it, the value and the things that it can do is really worth the price. It is only $4.99 for that software, I believe that there won't be any cheaper software then this.

ketil

Quote from: toprngr on 2010-Aug-11
And come to think about it, the value and the things that it can do is really worth the price. It is only $4.99 for that software, I believe that there won't be any cheaper software then this.

Well, actually it is cheaper than this. It's FREE now (except on iPhone).
"Sugar makes the world go 'round. Caffeine makes it spin faster."