Problem at exit app. PC freezes about 4-5 secs.

Previous topic - Next topic

javiero

Hi:

First of all please excuseme my very bad english (I'm Spanish).

I make test and I discover some things.

The tests was make with VAIO TX3HP (with INTEL 945GM).

See this code:
---------------------------
PRINT "HELLO",0,0
SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT
END
---------------------------

If you test it with (intel graphic chipset), and you use 640x480 o 800x600, the text draw well (no problem).
But if you use 1024x768 (in window mode) then the text not show.
If you use 1024x768 at full screen, then YES show correctly.

The problem is the coordinates in some modes takes -20 pixels, then the text NOT show.
But if you use PRINT "HELLO",0,25 then you see the HELLO at 0,0 position.
This happen only in some cases (with 1024x768 in window mode, maybe other resolutions).

And Me too have the same problem with sleep when the program exit (with window graphics take 4 o 5 seconds, and with full screen take 10 seconds or more).

I dont know if you understand me, if not i make for you some test.  :good:

Kind Regards.

Kitty Hello

Ouch!
So, make your game 640x480, then do this:

DRAWLINE 0,0, 639,479, RGB(255,255,255)
SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT

and then post a screenshot here, please.

javiero

I have some news for you.  =D

I discovert the problem is use the same or more resolution than your screen resolution.

Example:

If your desktop resolution is 1024x768x32  then test this:

SETSCREEN 1024,768,0
PRINT "HELLO BOY",0,0
SHOWSCREEN
WAITMOUSE
END

Test yourshelf change the SETSCREEN X,Y with your Desktop resolution or more.  :good:

Kitty Hello

javiero

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2008-Sep-25
Definitely a driver bug.

Maybe, but I get the error in different computers (with different graphics board).

If you test in your own computer, you get the same error. ;-)

Hark0

For those users who have the problem that I was mentioning to the beginning of the thread about Pause/freeze at exit app, a "temporal" solution that I have found is the installation of VirtualBox software.

VirtualBox don't use the Intel video driver, but shows the messagebox about "upgrade your hardware for support OpenGL".

I think is better to do 1 click in the msgbox for that to wait 4 seconds.
=D

Regards

http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

Kitty Hello

The wait at program end is fixed in version 6.
We also found out, that when your desktop is 1024x768, and you try 1024x768 windowed, mode, the visible area is _not_ 1024x768, since you can't create a window bigger than the desktop size in Windows. Thus, you have to subtract the size for the window caption area, and thus loose the upper few pixels.

javiero

Kitty Hello

QuoteGernot, do you know how to write a portable function that determines the size of the client area within a window?  I could probably come up with some Win32 api code for that, but this wouldn't be cross platform.
No, sorry.