new retro breakout

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Decided to release a Breakout in between some other projects I am working on...

Its the 40th Anniverary of the original so I thought it was a good time...

https://goo.gl/kumlUh
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

mentalthink

Jeje remind me when I satrt with GLbasic and did Fantasy Bricks...

Simple and nice GFX.

MrPlow

Guys,

Can you try install it - I am getting feedback that some users get 963 error when installing...
Comp:

UBERmonkeybot

It's installed fine on my phone,It plays nicely.

back for another go...

erico

Hi Plow, just tried and it works fine on galaxy note II.
GFX is a little blurred (upscaling?) but all fine on this type of game.
It moves nicely.
I can´t control the ball too well with the pad (ye, choose direction by hitting it with the corner of the bat for example), is that on purpose?

Nice quickie there!

MrPlow

Will look into the bat directions...I did notice the bat on the arcade original was bad too, so its a question of staying more like the original or improving the bat hitting...

Overlay coming soon...
Comp:

erico

I saw on the android store that you recommended people having the error to install through PC.
It is what I had done before reading that, maybe I should re install it normally to test?

About the bat, yeah, I´d either tune its ball control or cheat its randomness a bit if there are very few tiles left.
I´d say that because it can get tiring trying to hit that last few bricks.

MrPlow

Thanks erico -

Also now have the new version with Overlay - looks cool and improved the aliasing issue...

Comp:

erico

I re-installed the app, this time from the playstore directly on the phone, no problems and everything ran as expected.
I agree it must be a phone or an OS problem on the user side.

The overlay is really cool, it feels like one, with all color bleed going on. Back to pause is also a nice add on.

okee

Working fine here after downloading on phones

Samsung galaxy s4, Android v4.3
Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen, Android v 6.0
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

MrPlow

Sweet! Thanks guys!

:)
Comp:

nabz32

i wish u could test it, still need an android phone, any chance of testing this on a desktop pc?

r0ber7

I like it. Two questions:

How did you do the "more games" opening a list of games in the PlayStore?

I see there is premium, what is the difference? Does anyone get premium?

nabz32

got myself a new phone today only to test this ( lol, i had to buy a new one anyway).

Well its the classical Pong and has no annoying adds.
Its kinda hard to controll the paddle though, but I think this results from the transition of mouse movement to the blocky retro paddle movement,
but I think I could get used to that, I´ll keep this on my phone.

Edit: Okay I spotted an add thats a minus for me, but its no big deal, at least they dont appear while actually playing.
I wondered why the paddle moves blocky, but the ball moves smoothly, maybe make the ball move blocky as well.