Dual screen support

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Is it possible for GLBasic to support two 1024x768 monitors mounted vertically with the primary screen on the bottom in full screen mode and display a screen of 1024x1536?

Gary

yup that worked, had it set as dual view and it kept it windowed, changed it to span view and it spanned both.

Thanks

Gary

Sorry for bouncing an old topic but I have come across the same sort of issue on another project I am working on, I have 2 monitors side by side both are 1024 x 768 size and are set as independant monitors. I cannot make them span view, infact due to other software that has to run on the machine I cant alter any settings. Is there now any way or forcing GLB to draw to both screens if I set the screen resolution to 2048 x 768 with full screen options?

kanonet

I dont think so. What happens if you try?
(I think multimonitor support is new feature in SDL2, but GLBasic still uses SDL1.2)
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Gary

I tried running a screen size of 2048 x 768 as full screen and it decided to open it up as a windowed app with the midpoint set as the middle of the first screen so half a screen was lost to the left and half was missing on the right.

if there was a way of making sure it opened at 0,0 every time and without the borders or title bar (without installing any extra software, its running on a closed system that can't be changed) I would be sorted but I don't know if GLB can do that or is there any other software I can install that will alter the exe file?

erico

A loose shot, did you try setting the final (both monitors) added resolution to the project settings as well as when creating screen?
Just a guess, I´m afraid you already have gone through this.

Gary

Actually Erico, no I didn't. Ive never set them before so didn't know about it, time to try that now. Cheers

I did find this topic on going borderless http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=1899.0 but to be honest I don't have a clue on how the code works lol, I know the 64,64 is where it draws the screen but do I just use this instead of SHOWSCREEN?

Gary

:happy: :happy: :happy:

all I needed was to add that unborder code and then before every SHOWSCREEN call Unborder(0,0) and it works

Cheers everyone for the input, it helped me think it through and get it solved

erico

Nice it was solved! :good: