VideoStudio

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

I've had this video editor for a fair few weeks now, and I must say it's rather good.

I have had problems with it trying to render Bandicam videos, which are solved by forcing the swap file to be a fixed size (I suspect its due to the program being 32-bit, the OS being 64-bit and the required amount of memory needed being larger than the program can handle).  Customer support have been very good regarding this problem.  Fraps has no problems (and will be sticking with that anyway).

So far, I have just been doing extra "12 Things" video's (which are spoofs of Top Ten lists that people do on YouTube) :

and the latest being :

Also did this one with 3D objects :

mentalthink

Thanks Mr-T always it's intersting have some idea about antoher soft.. The UI it's very very similar to video Maker Studio, and it's very cheaper.. I think the 90% of the times the soft very expensive aren't needed, in example in 3D Blender or ACDSee are very cool choices...

About the Second Video, seems the prizes to the Oscars  =D =D , I like, but the begin of the video it's similar the the news from a American TV...

Only I give you a counsil from my personal opinion, take a bit of care choosing the fonts for the texts...

fuzzy70

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Nov-21
Only I give you a counsil from my personal opinion, take a bit of care choosing the fonts for the texts...

I agree with Mental. Serif fonts are primarily used in print due in part that they are more "pleasing to the eye" when reading a lot of printed  text like a book or magazine for example. Sans-serif fonts on the other hand are more suited to posters or any print with very few words like headlines as well as video work/computer displays due to the lack of the little serifs which can cause readability problems. Sometimes rendering artefact problems with lower resolution displays at a small size.

Look at credits from any film or television program along with UI's like Android/MacOS/Windows etc etc and chances are 99% of them are sans-serif typefaces.

Also one little tip, try to avoid mixing different fonts from other families. Using one font & different sizes along with styles like bold/italic etc is considered better design practice than using multiple different fonts plus looks more professional.

Lee 
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

MrTAToad

Thanks for the information!

MrTAToad

Another animation quickie :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9HHzHwioAk

okee

Yeah Videostudio was a great editor
Very user friendly interface

Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

MrTAToad

Apparently it runs fine on Windows 7 with 2GB RAM.

I'm using Windows 8.1, 16GB RAM