My programs

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

You might be interested in my various programs :

All my GLBasic code so far.  It does also include Moru's Proportional font system and a few of Gernot's programs :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cs6hcd3zfobh9or/GLBasic.rar

Very old code : http://www.mediafire.com/download/zuwkra6x579cpwh/VeryOldCode.rar.  Now this contains the HTML help files for when I was hosting the, well, help files.  It also contains a lot of my even older code in both GLBasic, PureBasic, BlitzMax, LUA, DBPro/GSDK and C.

It also has my old C64 and Archimedes programs too (alas, the former doesn't come with source code, and the latter is compress anyway).  Unfortunately the RISCOS programs no longer run on RISC OS 5 as the modules aren't compatible and haven't been updated in years...  It also includes a review of the game :)

Now, the heavy stuff : http://www.mediafire.com/download/gf1shga3fx7qjny/PlasWareSourceCode.rar - this is the complete code* for the Plasware Management System when I was at Plastics Software. Developed (pretty much all of it really) by yours truly, it was what I was working on for about 2 years or so - but never got released because no-one wanted to test it :(

Unfortunately it uses Pervasive database system, which whilst exceedingly nice to use has several problems : It's very expensive, and there is no way to convert the database structures to free database systems like mySQL, which is one of the many reasons why I never continued developing over the past years.  Pervasive also doesn't use SQL queries - its all based on the contents of structures, and how things are compared.

I used Ahead's Nero SDK for writing to a CD (used by the Backup routine), and various license free routines for CRC32 creation.  I have no idea where any icons came from though - they were provided for me...

*The PureBasic stuff is in the previous link.

I thought it was time to put it all online now.  They are all over 300Mb :)

fuzzy70

Very generous of you to share  :good:

Out of interest what program did you use to make the archives as I've downloaded the 600 odd MB GLBasic.rar & I cannot extract it. I use 7z & works with all other rar archives I have come across.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

MrTAToad

Its compressed as a RAR5 file, as generated by WinRar!

fuzzy70

Aha that explains it thanks, I did pop round a friends who has WinRar & extracted it fine. RAR5 files can be problematic with other archive programs hence my problem earlier. BTW I re-compressed the output using 7z for backup & the size was 310MB with standard settings which is half the size, just shows how different archive formats are with different content as normally there is only a +/- 5% difference on average from RAR & 7z in either direction. Both beat ZIP files hands down though that's for sure  :D

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

MrTAToad

7z is good - the only problem is that it hasn't been updated for a long while, and it has a very clunky GUI

fuzzy70

That is true from what I recall about the GUI & the duration of the last update, but I honestly can't say when I last used the GUI as normally use either right click context menu or batch scripts for making achives. With regards to updates perhaps they have hit the mark with the compression algorithm they use & can't squeeze any more out of it without compatibility issues arising, doesn't stop them developing the GUI though like you say  :D

Lee
- "These go to eleven."

MrTAToad

Indeed - the compression is fin, its just the GUI that is the problem (doesn't always work).