Type doas not exist, yet it does?

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

I could but I have a LOT of libs, this would mean declaring a lot of types even when Im just using one small lib, also its a bit less structured... but I could use it if need be.

I'll try moving the files about in the project 1st, as this would allow me to keep my libs and types together.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

AndyH

There's a template feature in GLB isn't there?  I've not looked into how it's set up, but if the re-ordering doesn't help solve your problem maybe you could setup and maintain a game template.  It would have all your libs are included and your data structure include contains all your types.  Then if you use the template when creating a new game just remove the bits you don't want.

Gernot, when the GLB to C process picks up all these type declarations and puts them in the header, would the C compiler ignore those types that are not used in the code ?  Meaning if you declared types for specific libraries but you remove those libraries from your game, would they add any overhead to the compiled executable files even though no variables refrence them?  If this is the case, you could maintain one data structure include and not worry about taking out TYPES you don't plan to use.

Kitty Hello

No, no overhead for unused TYPEs. TYPEs are getting converted to single variables and registers later.

bigsofty

Read in the files, in a different order with a new project file, works fine.

It would be handy to see the project file in an asci format to check the sequence of files though... hint ;)

But like most things in life, if your aware of possible unpleasant consequences you learn to avoid ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

The order is upside down in the files-view.