Win64 compiling

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Doesn't seem to working in latest build, for me anyway.
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Qedo

which build ?

MrPlow

Quote from: Qedo on 2020-Jun-15
which build ?
16.508 with beta tho - forgot I am on beta update
Comp:

spacefractal

As im see, its a bug in the editor or a limit. sadly. Its not possible to create 2 exe in the same distrubute folder as im wanted as win32 and win64 should of course have shared the same media files. There is no changes on those at all. But its dont work well.

so in a perfect world, this should been happens:

PowerUpElevation\distribute\Win32\PowerUp_Elevation\
  PowerUp_Elevation.exe
  PowerUp_Elevation64.exe

But the Win64 version still replace the 32bit PowerUp_Elevation.exe in that folder for some reasons.

But its does create a 64 build file in the main app folder throught, like this:

PowerUpElevation\PowerUp_Elevation.app
PowerUp_Elevation.exe
PowerUp_Elevation64.exe

But im can just cant get the exe created ALONE to the win32 folder as win32 and win64 actuelly should just share the same assests files as there should been no changes at all rather than seperate one that doesent make sense at all.

This would been same akin for Android that compile to 4 versions.

So there is issues with win64, but in the distribute when creating win64 files. Im do might in the next beta simple disable doing the distrubute thing for 64bit for now to avoid this confuction.......
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spacefractal

property its should now only create the win64 binary now and copy the file alone to the distribute\Win32\ alone (im changed makeapp.exe to makeapp.bat and just copy its created exe file with no other tasks done).

Im have no plans to rename it to Windows rather than win32 for combatible reasons.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Thanks - its working now - I see the "name64.exe" :)
Comp:

MrPlow

SF
Is there an issue with PLAYMUSIC on 64bit?
Comp:

spacefractal

not at all. music plays fine here.

MrPlow

Did you test music playing with mp3 format or just ogg?
Comp:

dreamerman

Just checked mp3 with beta and normal release, and looks that both are playing my mp3 without problems. hm..
maybe that's some other issue, for example shoebox is bugged, do mini project and check if problem still appears, maybe something related to particular mp3 file with that 64bit version or something..
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

Schranz0r

Hi Folks,

i like this way:

QuotePowerUpElevation\Compiled\Win
PowerUp_Elevation.exe
PowerUp_Elevation64.exe

This is the only way it make sens to me.

Change Win to Linux, Mac, Android or what ever and all is fine and clean.
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

MrPlow

Got it sorted - it seems the win64 version treated GETCURRENTDIR$() differently somehow.
Removing it fixed the Win64 version
Comp: