Video: Editor 1.0 Beta

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyo

Hi,
In these days I built an editor in VB.net for GLBASIC (Edit Sprite, Level, Sound ecc...).

This is the video:

http://www.screencast.com/t/ZWVkY2U5ZWU

I do not know if I'll finish it.

Unfortunately I only now realized that I can not compile from external editor (only glbasic editor  :'(  )

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kuron

Quote from: diego on 2010-Apr-14
Unfortunately I only now realized that I can not compile from external editor (only glbasic editor  :'(  )
Technically, you might be able to, but you would have to try and use DDE as I do not think you could get OLE working too well with GLB's editor.

Kyo

bigsofty: thanks!!!!  :good:

Kuron: I would like to implement a script editor but whitout compiler it's useless

Kuron

Quote from: diego on 2010-Apr-14Kuron: I would like to implement a script editor but whitout compiler it's useless
Gotcha, I misread your intent.  That happens to us old timers =D  I though you were wanting to generate the code and compile it with GLB's compiler from the command line.

If you are wanting a scripting language to use with GLB, there are many to choose from.  LUA should be easy to implement, or you could always write your own.  Long ago, one of the GLB tutorials on my site was for a  "BASIC" like scripting language for modding your games.  If anybody has it, they are welcome to repost it.  Although it was cross platform, the mini script editor for editing your scripts was Windows only.

Things like this you can keep simple by keeping it interpreted, or go for the bytecode routs.  A really good book on the subject is Game Scripting Mastery by Alex Varanese (sp?).  I think it is OOP now, but you can still find it in used book stores or on ebay.

Kyo

thanks for the info  ;)

If you find the tutorial please send me.  :booze:

Moru

There is some scriptexample in the samles directory in your installation. Think it was Lua even.

Kyo

thanks Moru  :good:

----------------------------------

I have not found .....   :noggin:

-------------------------------

FIND tcl/tk .... mmmm i prefer LUA but I test it ...

-------------------------------

tcl/tk was for gui only ???
iphone support tcl/tk????

Kuron

Quote from: diego on 2010-Apr-14
thanks for the info  ;)

If you find the tutorial please send me.  :booze:
I have it on a backup disc somewhere, but back then any tutorials I did for GLB were not well received, the community was too small, and there were not very many English speakers around back then to benefit from them.  I tried to convert some to German, but the online translators massacre things no matter what you are translating from/to.

Kyo

Translate it on Italian ...  8)

Scott_AW

That's pretty cool, but I'd go about setting images to frames a little differently.

Like having a pre-sized box unless for some reason you are using different sized images in an animation.
Current Project, Orbital Contract Defense
http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure/code-name-ocd/9887/

BlackShadow now open source/resource(requires duke3d)
http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure/black-shadow-3d/9885/

Kyo

Scott_AW:

Yes, in editor I implemented:
- automatic size: es.: 8x8, 16x16, 24x24 ecc (you choose the size and the editor split the frame)
-  freehand (you see in the video, optimizes the space of an image )

the engine use polyvector to show the image (autocenter on pivot).

;)

Ocean:
Now I look it!
Thanks!

Kyo

New VIDEO: Editor 1.1

New Features:
- How to Create and Test Animation in Engine
- How to implement  movement
- Use Presize Tile (8x8,16x16,24x24,32x32, ~ 256x256)
- Visual grid (change color and style of grid [Solid, Dash, Dashdot])

N.B: (Click Full Size on top of the video to view Full Size)

http://www.screencast.com/t/MjVlNDY2YjIt

Now I work to Tile Editor (For Large World)  :good:

gigios

Do you think to release a beta version available for all or is only a beta version for you ?
Is possible to export your map/animation and use it directly with GLBasic (with a loader) ?
When the program will end do you plans to releasing it as freeware or shareware?

Pensi di rilasciare una versione beta disponibile per tutti o è solo una versione interna ?
Sarà possibile esportare le mappe e le animazioni per utilizzarle direttamente con GLBasic (con un eventuale loader) ?
Quando il programma sarà terminato pensi di rilasciarlo come freeware o come shareware ?

Bye/Ciao  =D

Kyo

Ti scrivo in italiano che facciamo prima.

Al momento stò portando due versioni avanti:

la prima (che è quella a cui do priorità) sono un editor + un engine per Versus:
In pratica la programmazione stà a zero, devi solo editare le animazioni del tuo personaggio, degli stage, musica ed effetti e quando hai finito lo provi su Windows - per iphone basta copiare la cartella Media e sovrascriverla.
Insomma una sorta di Mugen

L'altra versione è un editor più generico, dove vorrei dare la possibilità di crear4e vari tipi di giochi (shoot'em'up, rpg, ecc ecc)
solo che in questa devo incorporare una sorta di script (vedi LUA) e ancora ci stò sbattendo la testa.

Non ho mai pensato se farli pagare o meno, al momento mi stò solo passando il tempo  :good: