Compiling iPhod error

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

Having had numerous errors (including BASE SDK Missing) and sorting them, I now have an error trying to compile some simple GLBasic code.

It sounds like my developer licence or name is not being accepted - I'm not exactly sure what I need to do or how to deal with this. Can anyone help?

I've attached screenies - hopefully someone will be able to spot what's up and how to fix.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Have you added the public/private key to the Keychain ?

Ian Price

I followed advice from here - http://mobiforge.com/developing/story/deploying-iphone-apps-real-devices

but other than that, I really have no idea what I'm (supposed to be) doing!
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

The error means you need to create your provisioning profile (.mobileprovision file) and/or certificate (.cer file). Sounds like one or both hasn't been generated and added to the Keychain or the iPhone...

Have a look in the Keychain to make sure that is present (and that it can be read from).  Also make sure the iPhone device ID has been used to generate the provisioning information...

This may help : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGdTdmCI34w

Ian Price

I created a "developer_identity.cer" and it seemed to be accepted in the keychain - not that I know anything about this, other than what I followed in the link above.

I don't even know what a provisioning profile (.mobileprovision file) is. :S

And advice/hints?
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

The provisioning file is generated by the Create A Provision Profile in the Developer Connection - once generated you double-click on it, and add it to the Keychain.  You also need to drag it to XCode to add it to the iPhone

Ian Price

Ah, I did drag the provisioning file to XCode - I can see it on my Mac now - "Ian_Price.mobileprovision" - I didn't even know what it was, but that was from the linked article.

Looking at the keychain certification etc. it states the iPhone developer as (N K ;)) and includes public and private keys for NK and I P.

Is it because the licence was issued for someone else. Having gone through the original profile I was able to change everything except the lecence holder's name (in profile it's now my name, but as the licence was part of a team, it still holds the original owner's name).

Will I have to register for a new licence under my name after all?
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

I dont know - its something that no-one has discussed :)

Its quite possible that the Provision Keys are linked to specific Mac's and thus accounts aren't transferable.

Trouble is, you need someone who is currently developing iPhone stuff :)

Ian Price

That's what I expected tbh. :(

So, is it possible to delete the keys and cert information from the keychain? I don't want to try to delete something that I might later need or screw up my Mac or iPod.

[EDIT] Oh well, I've now deleted all keys and certs. I'll register as a dev myself and hope this resolves the situation.

Thanks for all your help MrTaToad. It was worth a try :)
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Yes - its quite possible to delete them in XCode - Look for Apple development in Certificates

MrTAToad

Its a shame, but there we go :)

Ian Price

It's one of those things I guess. Apple didn't get to where they are today by allowing their stuff to be given away freely :(

Anyway I've signed up for an account. Now all I need is some time to set it all up and get testing.

Thanks again though. I'm sure this adventure is not over just yet though... ;)
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Theoretically, you shouldn't have any trouble now :)

If Gernot hadn't have gone on holiday, he might have been able to have a look via TeamView... =D

Ian Price

Oh well, not to worry. Yet! :P
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Not much can go wrong once its all been setup :)