Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

r0ber7

Viking boat version 2.

I'm actually on a break cause I've got much work-related stuff going on, but I couldn't resist doing some pixels. Meanwhile reading a book on viking mythology, see if I can get inspiration for a storyline, and for the gfx.

Ruidesco

That drakkar looks great! :good:

r0ber7

Quote from: Ruidesco on 2011-Nov-16
That drakkar looks great! :good:

Thanks, it's in the game now. :)

First grid warp attempt has been made. Source here.

Furthermore:

- added basic lighting for torches, fireballs, and campfires
- ghosts spit blood at you now
- some tweaking of the collision stuff for the wizard

r0ber7

Not much development time until wednesday. Still, here's a jumping / landing anim I did for the viking chicken.

Wampus

That grid warp effect looks like tough going.

I saw a Indie game on YouTube and was reminded of your project:-

The person working on the above has been going at it for 3 years and is feeling ready to release it. It was made in Multimedia Fusion 2 apparently, so limited in platform to Windows.

fuzzy70

Quote from: Wampus on 2011-Nov-23
The person working on the above has been going at it for 3 years and is feeling ready to release it. It was made in Multimedia Fusion 2 apparently, so limited in platform to Windows.

Slightly  :offtopic: , but I only discovered recently that Multimedia Fusion 2 was jointly created by none other than François Lionet of STOS on the ST & AMOS on the Amiga  :O

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Wampus

Quote from: fuzzy70 on 2011-Nov-23
Slightly  :offtopic: , but I only discovered recently that Multimedia Fusion 2 was jointly created by none other than François Lionet of STOS on the ST & AMOS on the Amiga  :O

Hey, that's cool. Good to to know he's still working on game creation tools. I frickin' loved STOS and AMOS.

r0ber7

Looks like a nice game Wampus, I'm impressed by the quantity of the graphics.

That grid warp effect looks like tough going.

I'm just about to have another go at it. :)

AmosPro was my first language.  :nw:

r0ber7

Today:

- Pixeled a font.
- Added game menu.
- Added viking chicken into game. Now running on standard enemy code, needs specific endboss code.
- Worked on the grid warp effect.

Right now doing some pixel work. Will release a new video this week, hopefully with the new black hole spell + viking chicken in it.

fuzzy70

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2011-Nov-23
AmosPro was my first language.  :nw:

Well if you want a trip down memory lane Amos Pro has been re-released (in the last month or 2) with full docs & a custom Win-uae install at http://mequa.dragotech.net/AMOS%20for%20Windows.exe  :D

It has basically all the extensions like TOME etc & the installer was written by François Lionet

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Ruidesco

Not to mention that he also created the previous game making tools from Clickteam, since he's a founder.

Hatonastick

Quote from: fuzzy70 on 2011-Nov-23

Lee
Yeah that's the main reason I've come close to buying it a few times myself.
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

r0ber7

I've got the warp  figured out!

May still need some tweaking, but it's ready to go into the game now.  =D

I'll post the code in the code snippets forum.

r0ber7

And now, here's the warp in game:

That yellow star is a temporary mouse pointer.
Still working on the warp gfx, but I'm satisfied for today.  :good:

Ruidesco

Yep, still needs some work with the tile borders, but otherwise this already looks very good. :good: