Documentation?

Previous topic - Next topic

aonyn

Hi All,

I am a new user of GLBasic, so please forgive me if this is a dumb question.
I did use the search function first, and did not see what I was looking for.

My question is, where should I go for the most recent documentation for GLBasic.
The reason I ask is, I just noticed a thread here in the forums, which discusses a new command called CLEARSCREEN, and also this thread mentions that BLACKSCREEN is now deprecated.

Currently, I am using the help file from the glbasic ide menubar, although I have also been cross-referencing Nic's online manual (which in some ways I like the format of more -  Nice job Nic!).
I think I have noticed differences in these two sources of documentation, yet neither have I found mention of this new CLEARSCREEN command, so I am wondering if either are up to date, or if I am missing an essential link to the up to date and maintained documentation.
Am I indeed missing something?
If the documentation is just not always current, is there an easy way to find all the new features since the last document update?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Moru

Welcome, NewUser! :-)

In the main folder of GLBasic on your harddrive there is a file called "log_e.gbas". this gets loaded after each time you do a web update and contains information about all changes since last version (and then some). The GLBasic_e.chm file should always be the most up-to-date there is but all new commands might not show up immediately all the time.

However the tooltip line on the bottom of the editor window always shows a hint on how to use all commands, and this one is always correct :-) Just type the command and there should be the syntax on the bottom of the window. Here even your own functions show up with the parameters and variable types, very handy!

aonyn

Thanks for the quick reply Moru!

I will go read log_e.gbas now.
Also thanks for the tip about the tooltip line at the bottom of the editor. That does sound handy!

regards,
Dave
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

aonyn

Hi Moru,

I just found the log file, and also tried the CLEARSCREEN command I mentioned in the editor, and saw the syntax for usage just as you said.
Thanks again, your reply was very helpful.

regards,
Dave

MrTAToad

Glad you like my documentation!  For some reason I forgot to add CLEARSCREEN (which is now being done)...

aonyn

Thats Good News  :)
I do like the way your online documentation is organized.
Thanks MrTAToad!

regards,
Dave