Free adobe suite 2?

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

There has been a commotion about adobe releasing their cs2 line of software for ´free´ these past few days.

It is said that such is because they are shuting down their servers that deal registration on those.
But sure they are taking their time on the controversy as some people are stating that it is not legit to get it if you didn´t buy it first place.

They are old, but I have to say that they are good none the less.
Funky that they never release a free after effects :(

Anyways, there has not been an official answer to that controversy as of yet (that I know), and info is kind a hard to find on the net about such.

Mods, if this is no good, remove the post. I will delete it too and apologies if it is not legit.
In case it is (as it is what it seems IMHO) it could be really cool for us.

I will leave the adobe link here:
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Research or reach for an adobe answer before you download it. :rtfm:

kanonet

I would be very careful with this, cause Adobe said that you are not allowed to download it, if you did not buy a licence. Of cause this is a very stupid behaviour, but its what they did. Interesstingly the answer that its not allowed got removed, at least i cant find it again... But still, be careful.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankingsleyhughes/2013/01/07/download-adobe-cs2-applications-for-free/
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1114930?start=40&tstart=0
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

erico

Yep, it got removed. I researched to that point.

I read the Dov isaac´s statement too. I can´t seem to find a more official answer to that.
Anyways, if photoshop is tempting, we are better of with GIMP by far.

Ian Price

Adobe have since relented and the software CAN be freely downloaded.
I came. I saw. I played.

mentalthink

hi Thakns this it's very nice... I think we can do a lot of things whit whtis versions... I use cs6, but i'm really I don't touch the 90% of the buttons...

Moru

Since they put up the licence codes next to the downloads on a public place they have written themselves into a problem. Their licence says something along the lines that you are only allowed to use the program if you recieved the licence-code from Adobe. Chaning that now will create more badwill than needed so I guess they just gave up.

Besides, everyone and their grandma knows how to use adobe products since everyone uses them anyway. This forces companies to buy licences from Adobe since it's too much troubles to reeducate the whole workforce. This will end up killing all the competition anyway so good publicity + no competition = happy Adobe after all.

erico

Quote from: Moru on 2013-Jan-16
...This forces companies to buy licences from Adobe since it's too much troubles to reeducate the whole workforce. This will end up killing all the competition anyway so good publicity + no competition = happy Adobe after all.

This is exactly what came in my mind when I knew about that adobe move.
They must have been loosing grounds.

I use latest photoshop at work too, and like mental said, I don´t use close to half of what it offers.

What I find cool on this, is that we probably can benefit from that PREMIERE version as that is very good editing system.
Tell the truth, I stuck with premiere 5 for ages, that cs2 is a must for our game videos.

Again, the uncool part is no after effects...

But I see a few reasons. Their software (photo/premiere/after) have not changed much from this era. Adobe is famous by releasing a version with interface buttons on different places and a couple of macros as filters/functions and call it all a super NEW version.

Anyways, keep an eye on that premiere. :good:

I really wish they would release that version of after effects, it is one of the best ever and can perfectly do high end movie work and it is lightining fast.

EDIT: wasen´t Gernot looking for a good editing program some moons ago? this is the thing.

mentalthink

But this really it's free?¿. I post in some spaninsh people and told me this not true... but I press the button and I don't have to register and nothing... I think Adobe have more scurity than put an / into the navigator bar and go to the folder download in their servers, isn't?¿... no questions about who I am?¿... rare and extrange.

Well I donwload premiere because I don't have a decent editor of video... but really Magix Editor for 60€ I think it's better... at least for me.

This huge software I think the only good they do it's they are pionners, because when they have a very huge numbers of clients... don't put nothing interesting... I don't have nothing against Adobe, really I prefer them before Autodesk... 6000€ a program crash when it wants  =D *love*you 3ds Max!!! =D =D

erico

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Jan-16
... 6000€ a program crash when it wants  =D *love*you 3ds Max!!! =D =D
It is probably because you are pushing poor 3ds max way over its capabilities with that game of yours!! ;)

mentalthink

"JAJA!!! ya me he divorciado"  :D :D --- now I use Cinema 4D... 

Ruidesco

Yes they retracted the statement and made this free. When the owner of a piece of software makes it publicly accessible on their own website to download along with working serial numbers, that can only mean they have given up on making money on them. They are not the only people to do this kind of thing, but of course they are the biggest ones to do so.

erico

Cinema 4d is a really good choice Mental! You are every day stepping closer to lightwave! hehe :P
I´ve heard the modelling tools on cinema 4d to be of an excellent breed.
And cinema 4d and lightwave talk to each other perfectly. Cool!

mentalthink

I use Cinema from a lot of years ago, basically for use Bodypaint, this it's awesome tool, Mary it's more easy but I don't like too much.

I meet Cinema 4d in the v7 but really in this version you can't select more than 2 objects at the same time... I think this it's a real shit, you know are young and 3ds Max it's the best  :P

In this version I want use very hard (in fact I read all the help, in max I don't read one line of the help  :D), because have a module like Zbrush, but how it's natural in Cinema 4d, more easy...

About materials and renders, are awesoming... I leave you a test I did yesterday , only are shaders, nothing of textures and only one ligth... (this it's a lazy thing... but I think you valuate this more than another coleague of the forum)

I did similar things whit Vray and Final Render, but the time for render it's very high

PS: Not it's nothing about my game.. But I like you look the "quality" or the very strange materials can do , and very easy.

[attachment deleted by admin]

erico

Uau, that is time consuming caustic render! I also did like the transparencies per angle of view, really cool stuff, did it take long?

I remember playing around cinema 4d on the amiga days.
I´m kind of interested on this body paint you said, will have to take a closer look now.

mentalthink

HI Erico the funny thing it's this render it's about 3 or 4 seconds in this res... In reallity it's a SSubrface Scatterring, but I do things like that whit final render, it's more faster than Vray... and cost a bit of time...

And I'm working whit a mac mini, not a huge machine... I think the soft for mac have something different in windows, or it's too much optimized, or it's the machine or I don't know but in relation of this machine whit my Dual Core, this runs very very faster than a Huge Machine (really not, but in comparision)

Another good thing of cinema are the viewports, the OpenGL it's very advanced, if the graphic card supports, you can see the normal , bump map, reflection soft shadows and transparencies, I think whit IOR in the viewport, it's very impresive... and the MoGraph module it's really extrange and cool, for VideoMusics videos or abstract art