Problems with GLBasic v7.206 on Windows 7

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo-Bagamut

Hello everyone!

Recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate x86 and GlBasic. Successfully updated GLBasic to version 7.206. And faced with some problems:

• Firstly when you exit the program is not saved Russian encoding, every time they set up when you start GLBasic.
  • Secondly when you run or compile the application, a window opens and closes in tighter second.
Help me please to solve this problem.
AMD Phenom X3 8750 BE (2.4 Ghz); DDR2 1066 Mhz PC8500 (2048 Mb); MSI GeForce NX8800GT GDDR3 512 Mb | 256 bit; Windows XP SP3 x86.

MrTAToad

Are you describing the font face ?  If so, it is saved here.

I wonder if the program is installed in a directory with characters that GLBasic doesn't like.

Ian Price

GLBasic 7.206 definitely works (compiles properly) on Windows 7, as  that's exactly what I'm using too. Like MrTaToad, I suspect that the error is due to un unsupported/unknown font character in the app title or directory. Try to ensure that you use only standard Latin non-accented characters.
I came. I saw. I played.

BlueSteel

i've just been able to confirm part of this bug

1. when you run or compile the application, a window opens and closes in tighter second.

this happens on my system when i have windows 7 aero enabled + firefox running (both running together.. IE: only happens so far when i have desktop aero and firefox running at the same time.. if running them seperatly compiled programs work fine)

I've tested Aero alone and every thing works
Ive tested with basic 7 (non aero) and firefox and ecerything works fine
have both glbasic compiled program running and firefox and then enable aero and the GLBasic compied program gets minimised within a second of opening it up

This has been tested in FULLSCREEN MODE ....

I hope this helps track things down.. otherwise i'll have to put a note in my fullscreen apps written in GLBasic not to use areo and firefox at the same time while running this software.. lol

added:
the compiled GLBasic compiled program is changing dropping out of aero back to basic7 desktop theme

only seems to be happening in this combo..

BTW using latest nvidia drivers ;)

MrTAToad

Its possible the icon generation system is failing - check to see if icon.png/icon.ico is present.  If not, copy it from somewhere and try compiling & running the program. 

Are you running a non-admin user ?

BlueSteel

yes  it is present. and i am admin

theres nothing wrong with the generated program.. as soon as i do any of the below I can flip to and keep up the program screen..
(yes this even works if i have the program already running)

If i disable aero
or
if i close firefox

if i restart firefox orre-enable aero then the behavour returns.. (NOTE.. the program IS STILL running.. its not crashing.. It just can't retain focus on the games screen)
unless i do either of what i stated above

MrTAToad

What version of Firefox are you use ?  Are you using any plug-ins ?

I'm on 3.6.8 and Win 7 x64

Have you checked to make sure there are no invalid characters in the application name ?

Ian Price

I too am using FF 3.6.8 and Win 7 x64 with numerous plug-ins. I always have FF running when using GLB, and with no obvious problems. This is pretty odd.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Add a MOUSEWAIT at the end of your program. Or run in a loop (WHILE TRUE; ... WEND). I think you program just quits fine.

BlueSteel

like i said its a combination of things.. not just one..

firefox and GLBasic FULLSCREEN compiled program works fine
Aero theme and GLBasic FULLSCREEN compiled program works fine

combine them
firefix AND Aero theme and GLBasic FULLSCREEN compiled program. GLBasic FULLSCREEN compiled program minimises itself to the taskbar and when you try to maximise it again .. again it minimises itself to the taqsk bar..

get rid of either Aro theme or firefox,  then the GLBasic FULLSCREEN compiled program works properly

Kitty Hello: I have it in a (while TRUE;....Wend) the program quites out fine.. its just continually minimising to the taskbar
MrTAToad: firefox 3.6.6 even happens with no plugins

like stated above its a combo thing..
when i run the GLBasic FULLSCREEN compiled program it changes the theme to basic7 (IE.. gets rid of aero).. this then gets minimisaed to the taskbar and the taskbar then reverts back to Aero theme.. I maximise the GLBasic FULLSCREEN compiled program again and it changes the theme back to Basic7 and minimises again

I'm using multiple displays (monitors.. extended display)

MrTAToad

Ah - finally got it doing the same.  But only then only once directly after a compile - and then clicking on the icon restores the program.  Its possible there are some key presses or something left in the Windows messaging loop or something that caused it...

I have noticed that in debug mode, full screen mode is ignored, which is good...

Do you run the program from within the IDE or from the command line or explorer ?

BlueSteel

the IDE normally.. i'll try it from the icon anmd get back to you.. (I normally run it from the ide compile and run (no debug)