12.656 SETSCREEN broken

Previous topic - Next topic

kanonet

1. On windows SETSCREEN is basically broken. If I use SETSCREEN to change window size, the window gets created in the requested size, but the render area is only of the screen size that is set in project options. So if project options screen size is smaller than SETSCREEN, then there is a black (or other color set with CLEARSCREEN) border, if project settings is bigger than SETSCREEN, part of the screen gets rendered outside of the windo, so its not displayed fully.

2. Fullscreen not working. If I set fullscreen using SETSCREEN, I just get a fullscreen blackscreen, nothing is displayed. Setting fullscreen in project settings just gets ignored and does nothing changes, it gets rendered normally in windowed mode.

All tests only done on windows, no idea about other platforms.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Hemlos

I experience this as well, in v14.001
Im going to continue to use 12.312 until i am sure one of the 2 are rendering proper.

Gernot, you should leave a link to 12.312 for backward compatibility.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Kitty Hello

http://www.glbasic.com/files/glbasic_sdk-v12.exe
The same as with all older versions.

spacefractal

We just need to fix the remaining bugs so we don't need past versions  :glare:
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Maybe it is fine to keep the past versions available temporally till we get the more hardcore bugs fixed (ie, things that worked and are not currently working). People who have products that are now not working can still do with the older versions.

Other then this transition, I agree with you, V_14 and beyond!

spacefractal

Etc there is two threads about same issue and I'm thinks is now just fixed.

Also resolution set in option is more ore less wandered out if you ask me. It's only works on windowed screens anyway. I'm always wonder about that.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Hemlos

Quote from: spacefractal on 2015-Aug-14
We just need to fix the remaining bugs so we don't need past versions  :glare:

One day...youll eat those words and kick yourself for not saving the older ones ;P  (like me)

Hemlos

It's only works on windowed screens anyway. I'm always wonder about that.

Hmm, confirmed here with that issue too, fullscreen checkbox causes my system to complain with a wierd bell ...
the same bell i hear when i try to set a resolution that my gpu cant handle.

The program begins to go into fullscreen mode, but then it is forced to be windowed.
From this point at runtime, all is working as expected with no other obvious problems.

kanonet

All those problems are new and probably related to the introduction of prescaler.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

erico

It may be fixed already on the 14002, but its online installation(update) is failing at 33%

MrTAToad

I wonder if the cause is due to read-only settings being set during the previous update.

No, that's not it...

erico

Just tried 14 003 and it seems to be working all fine (super fast compiling time).
I don´t have a full screen code here, can someone easily look into it?

The setscreen cropped screen when windowed seems all fine now.

MrTAToad

Full screen seems fine with correct screen resolutions.

UBERmonkeybot

I am having probs with win32 screen resolutions.
This doesn't report the correct screen sizes set by setscreen.

Code (glbasic) Select

LOCAL w,h,w2,h2
SETSCREEN 640,480,0//1280,720,0
SHOWSCREEN

GETSCREENSIZE w,h
DEBUG "\nw,h "+w+","+h

SETSCREEN 800,600,0//1280,720,0
SHOWSCREEN

GETSCREENSIZE w2,h2
DEBUG "\nw,h "+w2+","+h2