Steam Greenlight

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

This could possibly be a good new outlet for your GLBasic productions, courtesy of Valve and Steam....

http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/

Look good to me.  ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

can´t connect to that link. :(

EDIT: now I can. looks interestenting.

Schranz0r

looking good :)
Steam is a great platform!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Hatonastick

Very interesting.   :)  I don't remember the outcome, did anyone manage to get the Steam interface API to work with GLB?
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

mentalthink

Very Interesting... but perhaps the game have to be a very good quality?¿... for can be published

backslider

Is anyone working on a greenlight title? :P
If not, do you have a great idea people would like? :D

Schranz0r

Quote from: backslider on 2012-Sep-04
Is anyone working on a greenlight title? :P
If not, do you have a great idea people would like? :D

Games like LIMBO are good at the moment :)
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

backslider

Yes, you are right...
I will think about it.  :booze:

okee

Project Zomboid looks like an interesting take on the Zombie genre
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92916900&searchtext=
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

MrTAToad

There are a lot of negative (and that is putting it politely) comments with most Greenlight programs...

spacefractal

Me and Freind also talked about using Steam for Windows and Mac version for Greenlight. Could been fun if Greedy Mouse came there even there is no garantee of course. its a great idea.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

matchy

About a year ago, I purchased Project Zomboid for $5 when it was advertised on Slayradio before it was released to help the developer finish it.

Moru

Steam was good when it came but now when I look at it again there is some things that bugs me. Luckily I noticed this before buying games there...

First off, if you buy one game for normal price, you are almost always paying more than a boxed version in the store.

Second, the important part: You can't let your friend play one of the 40 games you bought because you only have a license for YOU to play. This includes your kids and husband/wife. If they want to play any of your 40 games, they have to get their own account and buy the game for themselves.

Why should I pay MORE for a license to play instead of going to the store and pay LESS for a boxed version that I can play or give away as I choose? No thanks, I think I stick to my shelf of boxed/GOG-games :-)

Ian Price

Quote from: Moru on 2012-Nov-03
First off, if you buy one game for normal price, you are almost always paying more than a boxed version in the store.
While this is generally true in the first week or so of a game arriving, the price often drops pretty rapidly and there are many genuine bargains to be had - especially around special events and holidays. Retail will never offer things like Portal 2 and HalfLife 2+DLC for a fiver though, unlike Steam. But yeah, you're not wrong.

Steam aren't the only ones that sell download games at inflated prices compared to retail boxed games - have you seen Nintendo's download price for the latest Mario game on 3DS? £40 download. £25 to buy in the shops. That really is shocking.
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

...and games from microsoft for the xbox costs even more.
I guess you pay for not leaving the house?