User defined types in debugger

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Being able to view the contents of records created with user defined types would be great.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

* Kitty Hello shivers in fear

Moru

make your own print statement for each type, much easier than using up Gernots time for bughunting/new functions. I believe we have had this request a few times before btw :-)

Quentin

yes was asked before. Would be nice to have anyway.

bigsofty

Yes, I know... no harm in shaking the tree again to see if any apples fell out (or Kitties ;)) I thought.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Falstaff

Sorry to necro this thread but I have to admit, this would make the debugger actually useful for me. Currently I'm using an array of types for my map variables, as well as plenty of other types for other game object information. As it is, I have to throw in debug statements for any information I'm getting at.. kinda reminds of me why I don't care much for debugging web projects.. I'm just thinking back to the blitz3d debugger and how it just had nested lists for types (within types etc), or of course visual studio (ok maybe we don't need to get *that* hardcore).

Anyway please re-consider :)

bigtunacan

I'm just going to chime in here too.  This would be huge.  Honestly I would like to see this feature even if it means a delay in something else.  This makes it very difficult to debug as the code grows more complex; and it is to tedious to use DEBUG or PRINT for some of these things.