Recent posts

GLBasic - en / Re: A HTML5/WebGL Journey
Last post by Qedo - 2023-Sep-04
Quote from: spacefractal on 2023-Feb-20to get right click working:
uses the new lib_glb_plus.js and replace the old one. that one does not needs any added changes to get it working, so you can uses MOUSESTATE with right click now (the posttool does that for you now).

SF where can I find the new lib_glb_plus?
Thanks
GLBasic - en / Re: Android 13 Update
Last post by MrPlow - 2023-Sep-04
I spoke too soon....
For weekend i was trying to resolve a strange issue where the app runs and works
from browserstacks and my apk builds on my phone...but NOT when installed from PLAYSTORE...

very strange - vulkin and bad-egl-display type errors...

So found similar issues happening for Unity users when building for unity...

I have managed to resolve now  :D  :booze:

Which is great - installs work from playstore now...

I will post here shortly with the fixes to do - quite simple...
GLBasic - en / Re: Android 13 Update
Last post by MrPlow - 2023-Sep-01
There is a bug somewhere in my Logo App - doesnt like Android 12/13

But did a new compile of Solar Hunter - works fine! from Android 7 to 13

Ads working with 18.3.0 - gonna try 19.x.x next and maybe then 20.x.x? If not a hassle

Admob are keeping the 7.x.x to 19.x.x gms ads versions for a while yet - I think

I am using the platform Browserstacks for my device testing!! It is well worth the money for the time and hassle it provides  :D
GLBasic - en / Re: Steam HTML5 Compiler
Last post by spacefractal - 2023-Sep-01
yep, using while / wend that include SHOWSCREEN does not work in HTML5/Java games, nor its newer will. Im wont fix that. This is just how the how the inner code works with this platform. Its similar with Android really.

You could write a status and a variable.

etc for enter, you need a extra counter variables for that and its should been in integer and not float.

Also in 2016 im did this rutine, using a fixed resolution, that scaling to any resolution used. Howover PRESCALER might also works too in this case:
https://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=9848.0

Im choosen not uses PRESCALER (as all my games was coded before that command was in, but im just prefer my own thing, hihi).
Can't reproduce it. :|
Last post by Paul Smith - 2023-Aug-30
Thanks guys, I selected 800x480 in the project options. used Itch.io to force landscape mode and fullscreen.
Android rotates the screen and goes into fullscreen, Ios just rotates the screen. Browsers show the 800x480, android and Ios show 800x360.
I just rewrote the bit of code and made sure is all fits 800x360.

Just struggling re-writings the same code multiple ways. Its the same buffer problem I had that spacefractal solved for me last time to stop multiple clicks. However its not working for this.
Im making a menu with numbers you click, it require 4 numbers to be entered, but if I press 7 i get four 7s.

I miss my while/wend loops.

Last post by spacefractal - 2023-Aug-28
Some of my games also does uses fixed resolution, but used virtual screen rather than PRESCALER instead. Im think im did a example in years ago in the code example how to do that.

Howover the main canvat when doing html games is, you are forced to uses GLB_ON_LOOP as the main loop with anything you doing. Its called once per frame. Because of that there is some commands that newer work with this platform, like MOUSEWAIT.

Also can you get resize to working when you resize the browser window (its looks insane great when done right), then rotation would works on mobile.
ywa the 64bit just overwrite 32bit, which is bit odd, but here nothing im might could do? but property its can been changed in the profile that compile to win64, so they dont overwrite. In the best world its should compile both 32 and 64 bit. Im havent checked about this one.
Bug Reports / Re: Vsync Problem?
Last post by SnooPI - 2023-Aug-28
In fact I have to force the vsync to be activated but it's not a GLBasic problem because I tested with wglSwapIntervalEXT(1) and it's the same  :(
It's an Intel integrated graphics card maybe with a normal graphics card there is not this problem, I don't know...
Presentation is very good, clean and nice, one thing that I could advise is to tune colors a bit more, so they could be easier to distinguish- some color combinations like light/dark orange and red can cause problems on lower brightness / worse screens.
On gameplay side you can add something like counter to each color to show how much more tiles need to have that color and some marking that 3x3 square, column and row are filled properly - numbers are easier to read in that regard, so faster to fill up, that are some 'quality of life' features that were present in one mobile sudoku game that I played passionately for couple of weeks to beat personal records.