A New Flavour: Windows Phone 8

Previous topic - Next topic

TI-994A

The recently unveiled Windows 8 brought with it a new API in the form of the Windows Runtime. Now, the Windows Phone 8 brings yet another new platform, which is no longer based on Windows CE or .Net, but rather on a new version of this API, known as WinRt for Windows Phone.

The good news is, Windows Phone 8 support may be inclusive in GLBasic's plans for supporting this new API.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too!

MrTAToad

As long as Microsoft has produced a SDK for use with C...

Qedo

"November 04, 2013
Windows Phone 8 introduces the ability to use native code to implement Windows Phone. In this section, we explain how you can use C++ in your app, and provide some recommended scenarios."       etc etc........  at this address:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/jj681687%28v=vs.105%29.aspx

hopefully in the next use of WP8 in GLB
Ciao
Qedo

gigios

There are any news on this topic?
There is a chance to see in future also the support for WP in the GLBasic?  :nw:

Regards

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

spacefractal

Windows version uses OpenGl calls (without sdl), but Windows Phone 8 only support Direct X. But there mightbeen possible is somebody could port it to uses eithe sdl or directx directly, now Gernot have "closed" release the Source Code. But that will not been my job.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

I´m not sure if windows phone is possible nowadays but I´m sure it will in the future.
Can´t wait till our phones can run on an Intel processor with the same OS we have on desktops...

mentalthink

I think will be most interesting and more productive for us, the new phones with Ubuntu, I'm not sure if it's needed to change a lot, but we have linux like a base, and the phones will come neraly the 2015, in massive mode I think will be in the end of 2016 if they do a cool Advice about devices and derrot some part of sells of iPhone.

But really I think before more and more devices I think a very good  point will be have something for monetice in different platforms, in Shiva they have this parts like plugins and then you buy it, if you want, perhaps this philosophy in GLbasic can be interesting, sell atractive modules in the shop forum, we have this part and practically all it''s free, I understand all we are good boys and help us always we can, but I think if we buy modules or intresting plugins the health of GLBasic can be better and better.

MrPlow

mentalthink,

Been bugging me for a while - who IS that in your Avatar?! lol!!!  :S
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Moru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkz5I0-kFDQ&list=RDpkz5I0-kFDQ#t=3

As for windows phone, I know one person with one and he bought it only because he can get away with it through work and was curious.

Youkaisan

It's strange as Intel is actually pushing the Mobile x86 CPUs, but WP8 use RT(ARM) structure, as MS once used to say hope to integrate EVERYTHING into one platform (probably Win10), WP8 may be obsolete soon..

erico

Here I doubt that ´world wide wait joker card' called x86 or x64 integration on phone is going to happen next year.
As it seems I estimate that to be around 2017-2020, probably later. Just my guess though.

Sounds pessimist but I think it is realist, I´d buy a x86-64 happy this very day. :good:

Moru

Where is the incentive for the processor industry to create such a thing? They will keep milking the phone-crazy youth until there is no more to get by incrementing a little feature here, a few megabytes there, another bit way over there. :-)