[Garbage Collector] - Weekend deal

Previous topic - Next topic

backslider

Hi guys!

I have a little surprise for you...
I have finished my first iPhone App "Garbage Collector" (http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=3857.msg41268#msg41268)
and it´s available on the AppStore now.

The surprise is, it´s available for FREE (yes, the full version!)...

BUT ONLY THIS WEEKEND! (normally it costs 0,99$).

So, please download my App, rate it and tells it all your friends with an iPhone or iPod Touch! :)
iTunes-link: http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/garbage-collector/id399692422?mt=8

You have nothing to lose!  :good:

P.S.: If the number of downloads will be big enough, I will think about some updates (the first update would be OpenFeint Highscore support! -> also for free!)

Best regards and thank you for reading,

backslider / appleboy media  ;)

Ian Price

Very generous, will give that a try. Cheers :)
I came. I saw. I played.

monono

As I sadly still have no iPhone/iPad, I wounder if there is any intern PC version. I liked the idea very much and want to see how ur plan evolved. Or at least a gameplay video.
Best wishes.

backslider

Okay guys!

Because I like you and the forum and all the stuff.
Here you can test the iPhone App for PC (free version). ;)

But it´s really much more fun to play it with 2 or 3 or maybe 5?! fingers! Believe me :)

So here is the download and I hope you like the game!

Cheers!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ian Price

It's a nice little game, but I would say that the rings around the trash are pretty difficult to see (on a pc, let alone a device less than 1/4 size!) - I would increase the thickness to at least two pixels the whole way around. The difficulty should not come from not being able to see the item clearly.

The blue and grey colour look almost the same too.

Have you considered a version for people who are colour blind? To them, this would be completely unplayable.

BTW I know the circles disappear after a short time, but at least get the use familiar with them and what they mean. The rubbish isn't always as obvious as to what it is too (so not sure exactly which bin it should go in).

In Britain we do actually have set colours for recycling bins, depending on what should be placed in them - maybe it would make sense to use specific color based on region of the world? Could take some lengthy research though.

However, those are my only real niggles after a short play.

Nice one :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

OK. The coloured rings are not too distinguishable for me. Grey/yellow is too close for my eyes.

The symbols are way to small to identify some times. So, it's very hard for beginners. At least for me.

The colours vary in germany within every city. You should make them user selectable. Here it's:
green-paper; brown-bio; black=rest
some have blue=paper, others have yellow.

monono

Yeah! I just checked it out. Think it´s getting really mad really soon with the touch display.
I agree with some of Gernot´s issues.
For the small symbols, you could look into icon design. I saw some good tutorials once about how to make icons fast recognizable by reducing it in form and color. I will send u the link if I have found it again.
About the colorcode: I wouldn´t make it selectable. For a game intending a 5 minute experience, I think nobody is changing the colors to adjust it to their own local colorcode. Maybe try it with icons as well, like a newspaper for paper-trash, a banana peel for the rest. Or even consider to have an icon of every object within the trash square.
If it´s still hard to recognize for some people, you could still make it have a slower learning curve. First 2 bins and 2 different trashpieces and so on.
I like the game - and as a fan of time management games - I think it´s a good start.
A bitter truth: The last 10% of making a game is 90% of the time.

backslider

OK!

First of all thank you for the many ideas and tips!
I will think about it what I could implement. The idea with the slower learning curve is nice and I´m using it already with the waste ;)
The longer you play the more waste you will have to sort,
but first 2 bins and then 3 or sth. like that sounds nice!

And I will look into icon design or I will show it to my girlfriend who´s making the most of the graphics *g* :)

I give you right with the last 10% monono.  :good:

So thanks again for testing and have a nice evening...

cheers!