Permission denied #2

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Finally got the "Permission denied" message when compiling :

QuoteWordcount:6986 commands
compiling:
IncrediBuild skips: The Grid.gbas, _StoreSpriteInfo.gbas, AddShape.gbas, BaseProgram.gbas, Directions.gbas, FileData.gbas, Grid.gbas, Player.gbas, PostRoundText.gbas, PreRoundText.gbas, Round.gbas, SelectWhoIsPlaying.gbas, Setup.gbas, Timer.gbas, Title.gbas, Weaponary.gbas, BackNextForward.gbas, Hiscores.gbas, Bitmap Font Routines8.gbas,
Assembler messages:
Fatal error: can't create gpc_temp1c.o: Permission denied
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum

Kitty Hello

In this scenario: Which gbas file is the 2nd in your project? I mean - the one below the "main program".

MrTAToad

The second file would be "Bitmap Font Routines8.gbas"

MrTAToad

Also had :

QuoteC:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin\ld.exe: reopening C:/Users/Nicholas/AppData/Local/Temp/glbasic/output.bin: Permission denied

C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin\ld.exe: final link failed: Permission denied

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

MrTAToad

Kitty Hello

ah. Did you try the "save all" before compiling? Maybe that's causing it. Very very strange. And I see no way to debug that until I have windows 7.

Schranz0r

You start GLBasic as Admin?
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

MrTAToad

Ian Price

Do you want me to test it MrTAToad? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit and I've had no problems of late running any GLBasic code (Gernot fixed the 5minute demo bug). PM or email - iprice AT supanet DOT com or mrijprice AT googlemail DOT com (Googlemail only accepts .RAR on .ZIP files IIRC) if you want me to have a looksee.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Its worse with newly projects than, ironically, my older ones, although it happens with them too  - if you want to try with one of current ones, then let me know...  The main problem being is the large number of files that are used in other directories.  It'll probably be easier if I uploaded my complete directory structure...

I dont get it all the time  - its after so many compiles or something :)