List of entrants/entries into the Xmas/Easter GLBasic competition

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

You can share if you want to. I'll probably upload them next weekend.

Albert

Ok, then here is my entry:
http://bazalt.uw.hu/ Easter Quest
It's a jump and run game. It's half-done, and very short, containing only 4-5 levels. But it contains a built-in level editor.
You are encouraged to look into the source and use any part of it if yu like.

Level04b is an extra level, it contains some closed area, where you can collect coins, If you found a secret gate, then you 'teleported' into one of these rooms.(next release)

---
SHORT MANUAL for the EDITOR:
After you enabled the EDITOR from the MAIN MENU, then a small green box with a '<' character appear in the top-left corner on the gamescreen.
Click here to open the EDITOR MENU.
ED - Editor mode on/off
BD - show boundary lines and codes (toggle)
CO - show mapcodes (toggle)
IN - Switch input mode
GR - Toggle gravity
LO - Load a level
SA - Save current level
EX - Exit to OS

Tap on ED to open the TILESET BAR on the bottom of the screen. You can switch what you want to see here with the IN menu item.

Draw the tile on the screen with the stylus. Double click will pick up the tile (On Win32/Linux right click also work) with all of its attributes or without it (depends from what you choosed with the IN menu item)

In Editor mode (tap on the ED) you neither can't collect coins, get finished the level or get killed.

The SA will SAVE the actual state of the level, so if you collected some coins then these will missing from the saved level too.
-----

jbrodack

wheres the gp2x executable for Easter Quest? donloaded it off your site and didn't see an executable.

Quasist

Albert

.gpe is over 2 megabyte. Please compile one if needed.
I wanted to ask, the generated gpe contains everything, graphics and sounds? So you have to copy only the thismyproject.gpe to the GP2X?

Ian Price

No. The .GPE file is the GP2X exectuable file only - it still requires all of the media.

Nice game BTW :)
I came. I saw. I played.

jbrodack

Albert

Albert

I uploaded the new rar which includes the .gpe as well. Uploaded to my new website.
http://dobosbence.extra.hu/
navigate in the right WIP->Easter Quest

jbrodack

thanks for posting the download but it doesn't seem to work with the gp2x for some reason.