Android Keyboard

Previous topic - Next topic

kamakazieturtle

Does Android have a built in virtual keyboard for touch screen only devices that is accessible?

Hatonastick

Does it?  Yes, as far as I can tell.  Can we access it from GLB, the answer would be no as far as I can tell.  I asked something similar recently, it's suggested you use the one by Ampos:

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=6905.0

I sort of had it working on my two devices except for some reason the text was absolutely miniscule.  Now after the update I get a white screen.  Be interested to see how it works for you (could just be my devices).  Feel sorry for Gernot, with all the different versions and all the different hardware, Android couldn't be as straight forward as some to add to GLB.

Edit: However if you do find a way to use the Androids built-in virtual keyboard, please let me know!  Somehow I doubt in this case we can throw in inline C++ to access it though.
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

kamakazieturtle

Exactly the answer I needed, thank you, and yes I've seen ampos's keyboard, its very nice just wanted to give the option to use Android or custom. Unfortunately I use emulator and a friends device when hes free, so I have little knowledge of Android. He actually confirmed that there is an android virtual keyboard. But as you stated, getting access to it would be the next step. Here is hoping for it, if anyone finds any other info please post.