GLBasic - WebOS

Previous topic - Next topic

aroldo

I am testing GLBasic on a Palm Pre2, but I am not happy with the results.
Is there a guide to develop GLBasic for mobile phones and Tablets?

I compiled some of the samples and they worked fine on Windows, after I packed them and installed on the Palm Pre2, the apps did not displayed properly.
[a http://apd-games.com/][img http://apd-games.com/images/APDGames135.png][/a]
MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan
XCode Version 7
iPhone 6 running  iOS 9
iPad Mini running  iOS 7.1
Galaxy S5
Dell Latitude Windows 8 Enterprise
Palm Pre, Palm Pre2

Kitty Hello

please post the program you tried and describe the differences.

Ian Price

GLB's results for the Pre2 are amazing. There have been loads of successful GLB apps made available on the App Catalog - see this thread here - http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=6088.0 Have you tried out any of those?

I suspect that you aren't doing something not quite right. Have you gone into the project/Options tab and set the "platform configuration" for WebOS? Are you making sure that the orientation is correct (480x320 or 320x480) in the "Resolution" text-box?

Are you compiling for "WebOS" and not "Palm-Pixi"?

Are you sure that your device drivers are set up correctly?

It is indeed  possible that there are some sample programs that don't function/display correctly on the Pre, but I've not had a single issue with any of my apps working on pc but not on Pre2. As Kitty stated, please post the sample program that isn't working on your Pre2.
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

Yeah, I was going to say. My pre2 is perfect so far compared to the PC. Total 1 to 1 stuff so far. Even better than iOS really (which is annoying me because of 3D lighting issues).

My Touchpad is having problems but then everyone is and Gernot will hopefully onto the issues once he gets his own TP.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

aroldo

Team,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it, just want to make sure before I purchase the GLBasic SDK premium.
I will try different orientation
I found out that there are some GLBasic commands that are deprecated in the tutorial examples.
I still have to learn how to use the device features, such as accelerometer, in GLBasic.
[a http://apd-games.com/][img http://apd-games.com/images/APDGames135.png][/a]
MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan
XCode Version 7
iPhone 6 running  iOS 9
iPad Mini running  iOS 7.1
Galaxy S5
Dell Latitude Windows 8 Enterprise
Palm Pre, Palm Pre2

Crivens

It's all pretty easy. Accelerometer for instance is just getting the values from getjoyx, getjoyy or getjoyz. That's it really. So far this has worked fine for me on iOS, Android, and on WebOS (Pre2 - the TP screwed up a bit but that's all in the problems listed for Gernot to have a look at).

Cheers

Ian Price

I just typed pretty much exactly the same response as Crivens, and some nice code too. But he beat me to the post, so I deleted my post. There's no point in saying anything else.

:P
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

That's because I'm awesome at typing. Have you seen my avatar? You should do. It's awesome. :)

Cheers

Ps. And now to get my wife to watch the epic life changing experience that is Darkplace! Not an easy task even though I routinely sit through films like the Notebook and the like...

backslider

Guys,

you all are awesome!  :good:
The whole forum (and GLBasic) is awesome! xD

Crivens

Not as awesome as my avatar. It's totally awesome. Must stop watching Big brother with Jedward. Awesome.

Cheers

erico

oh my, pleeease no big brothers!!
but sure this is a community I missed from the days of amos factory.
although, muuuuch better

Crivens

For me it's like the old DB forums. I didn't even know there were forums like this when I was heavily into STOS

Cheers

erico

stos...did you come up with something at those times? what was it?

I got a proper net connection here at 1995, just after I came back graduated from the US (MI).
At that time, amos factory and aminet were things I dwelled into.

I guess it was my best code productive time...working on getting that back.

Crivens

A few things but nothing you can find. Think i started STOS in about 1990 and had net access in 1991 but didn't realise there was boards for it.

Biggest thing I did was a dungeon master clone. Stupid beer and women in uni stopped that from being finished. Oh and a program for Terry Pratchett that I had 90% done and was almost ready with a deal through his agent and then I got a job and it fizzled out. Those were the days...

Cheers

okee

Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)