Find in files...

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

It would be great if we had a "Replace in files..." function, that searched the current projects files and replaced a certain string? Currently I replace, lets say a variable name, in a file then manually go through the rest of the project files searching and replacing as I go... and I have a LOT of files in my largest project.  ;/
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Hark0

http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

r0ber7

I just added a plugin to my editor that does just that.  8) In addition, it supports regular expressions.  :nana: On the other hand, I don't use the IDE at all anymore since I found a way to compile on Linux, and I kinda miss all the handy tools, like the keycode checker.  :'(

If you ever feel like using another editor, try gedit + this find&replace plugin

Kitty Hello

added to the list.