Language & Country Selection

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

This the the first peek of my Language (and Country) selection routine.  The idea being that the user can select one of a given number of supported languages, with a default language being chosen for the user's country.

With this example, there are only three supported languages English, Welsh and German (and only for the main screen too).  So, if you aren't from England or Germany, then you'll be stuck with Welsh :)

All known countries are present and theoretically with the proper font and text files all languages could be supported too.

The routine isn't finished yet - the title needs changing along with all country names into their default languages

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kitty Hello

looks great. We should all use a common (open shared) google spreadsheet to add translations of phrases. And build a "global" sheet for all our games with the help of so many languages we have here ATM.

MrTAToad

Yes, would be a good idea.  I really need to revise my Language creation program at some point :)

Wampus

Nicely done MrTAToad. Looks promising.

Some help with translation would also be great and having people speaking so many languages at the forum here is definitely a useful resource.

Gregory Atlas

Looks very interesting, i shall watch this :)
.... Homepage ....

MrTAToad

Just need to optimise it and post the code for it, along with all rules and regulations :)

gigios

I 'resurrected' this thread to ask about what is the best way to manage the multilingual.

Can you release the source code of this sample?
What do you think is the best way to manage multi-language files? (ini file, custom text file, other?)

Thanks

MrTAToad

At the moment I'm writing a program that should help translate and create text for multiple languages.

Have a look at :

I've also included the code for the country & language selection.  Its not compatible with my new system, but that wont matter yet

[attachment deleted by admin]

gigios

Thanks a lot.

This is surely a good starting point in waiting for your next production.

This is my expression  :nw: