Opengl Rendering Ceases..

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

It was the for the length of the demo - memory actually goes down halfway through...

Hemlos

Interesting, is the memory being wasted until reboot?
Just fishing you to get some more clues.  :whip:
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

MrTAToad

I dont understand it either - I did a reboot to see if a program was causing the memory release, but no...  I cant use the full version as I dont have access to my computer unfortunately.

Its possible that Windows 10 memory allocation/release is better (I always thought there was a problem with Windows 8 in that regard), or graphics drivers are better or DirectX 9 has been improved.

Or it could be all 3.

This is with the 12.312 version.

erico

Is this happening with all GLB apps? Or, IIRC, was it happening on the weather pic app Hemlos did?
Sometimes I leave my GLB engines running for many hours >4 to see if something gets stuck logic wise and I
never found any significant memory leak.

So I have my map generator that I can leave running for many hours, would that count as a test to figure something out for this?
If so, how could I proceed to be usefull?

MrTAToad

I've tried the DDgui example program and that is stable at 28.1Mb in debug mode (which is 1 Mb more than release mode).

Hemlos

Well....im about to test v12 update and v14 too.   :help:

Hemlos

Im not going to test new update for v12...because its bugged setscreen and so is v14.
HOWEVER, in windows 7...v14 fixed the memory leak. WOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only did this fix the leak, it cleans corrupted ram from a pulluted version of my program that ran earlier today during this boot session!

OPENGL SERVERS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO