Opengl Rendering Ceases..

Previous topic - Next topic

kanonet

I rather would bet on the window/context creating/handling stuff. But since we dont know the code, that are just blind guesses.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kitty Hello

I can reproduce that memory leak. But I can't locate it. I even installed "Visual Leak Detector" - nothing. I have no idea where it happens. I think it's even in SHOWSCREEN.
:(

MrTAToad

Multiple surfaces aren't being created are they ?

Kitty Hello

No. It's a memory isseu. Not graphics memory. I tried gDebugger as well. Nothing. Spent the while evening yesterdsy. :(

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

spacefractal

hopefully not a sdl issue?
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

It doesn't sound like it...

Hemlos

I deleted my last msg....

I take back my remarks...i did NOT find a leak in the console....i just shut down the agent, and the memory stayed the same...
The leak im seeing is in my antivirus program, unfortunetly.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Hemlos

If you need help running tests of some sort, just let me know, my computer is free for testing long term tests.

kanonet

Is there a simple (only a few lines long) test program, that always leaks for sure under some specific conditions?
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

MrTAToad

The test programs I provided on the first page will always cause the problem (after a while) in debug mode.

kanonet

Sorry I must be blind, but I can not find any test program posted by you in this thread. Also, did you try to make it as few lines/commands as possible, so its easier to track it down?

MrTAToad

Ah yes, the test program was elsewhere :)

Run  this code in debug mode and minimise the window.  Watch the memory use continually increase :

Code (glbasic) Select
WHILE TRUE
SHOWSCREEN
WEND

Eventually it will come to a point where the window wont be able to display anything.

Hemlos

@Kitty
Lets solve this? I want to help...its important, for all of us. (we cant detect our own leaks using task man)
The used memory in the RAM, stays used, even after shutdown of the program, observed in task manager win7.
From what i see in all the memory leak threads, this is a new clue, for starters.

I know this is a sore subject for you, but i am confident we can solve this together, the mountains you have climbed already are proof!
I have more info for you gernot........you mentioned you couuldnt find the leak using visual leak detector.
I research that program and found some restrictions which may be a clue for you!!!!!!!!

If more than one copy of the same C Runtime DLL is loaded in the process at the same time, then some leaks may go undetected (note that loading more than one copy of the C Runtime DLL at the same time is probably a bad idea to begin with).

Memory allocations made through calls to functions loaded from a DLL using delayed loading may not be detected.

MrTAToad

I dont know whether it is used to Windows 10 or this machine is using the demo version, but the problem doesn't seem to be happening now.

Hemlos

How long did you run a test with just showscreen?

i l0se a gig of ram in an like 4 hours.