My results compiling for iOS7

Previous topic - Next topic

DaCarSoft

I sent Gernot some code a couple of days ago, to fix the bug that MrPlant confirmed is solved, related to the bar and the battery symbol. The other code that I sent him also fixes some orientation issues related to the orientation of iOS elements like the new control center, the multitasking icons, or notification panel when the user rotates the device...

I think that these changes will help transparently to show wrappers like Facebook to be showed in the correct position and orientation, all without wrappers or special code.

With these changes, I think GLBasic will be perfect for iOS development, avoiding all kind of possible problems with Apple policies for App Store.

When the changes will be implemented by Gernot, I will publish a wrapper to obtain the orientation of the device under iOS without have to calculate from GLBasic's code using rhe accelerometer values.

May be that will be needed to test all these changes by all people here  :P

"Si quieres resultados distintos... no hagas siempre lo mismo" - Albert Einstein.

erico

mrplant

Yes Great Work DaCarSoft..

My comments were unashamedly about iOS only not other platforms and were pointed at the iCade and corruption issues.

The orientation changes sound very interesting..

Back to testing now - to make sure iPad 1 and iPhone models get the correct resolutions sent to them at launch.

XCode still shows about 114 'Warnings' when I compile by project relating to depreciated compiler changes... I don't expect that will be sorted anytime soon - I suppose warnings aren't nearly as bad as errors!!
I wish I could remember the reason why these warnings appear - architecture related wasn't it?

spacefractal

mightbeen some arm6 issues? They can been save to been ignored. Just been in mind. iOS v4.3 is minimum Apple supports today and you can't support older device anymore.

The reason you need to support IPhone 5 now for iPhone apps, which require a newer Xcode, which don't supports arm6.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

mrplant

Yep .

CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is depreciated ' are all the 100 plus 'warnings'..

Doesn't seem serious or anything just wondered the reason.

spacefractal

greedy mouse still got accepted by apple using Xcode 5 and iOS 7 icons. So still no worry about them
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

DaCarSoft

Well, I have not all the info, maybe Gernot is the best person to solve this question, but I think that it is related to the compiler and the platform/processor where compiler is focusing...

It's to say: we need to compile for iOS versions greater than iOS 3 or 3.2 and we have to use Xcode for that purpose, setting the deployment target to iOS > 3 (6 probably, now), but the real SDK, the GLBasic compiler, is targetting to ARM instructions that can be supported by iOS 3 when "precompiles" the GLBasic program (the libPROGRAM.a file)... These instructions are supported by the newer processors, because of that all works... But Xcode warnings say that your instructions are focusing to a processor and iOS version deprecated...

Today, this is not a problem, almost until Apple changes totally its processors breaking backwards compatibility...  :S
"Si quieres resultados distintos... no hagas siempre lo mismo" - Albert Einstein.

mrplant

Makes sense... Thanks.

mrplant

Trying to validate my app on Xcode 5- it says the app references non-public selectors in Payload buttonDown: buttonUp:

Seems keyboard routine related..?

Is that complaining about a library call not in the official iOS SDK? Nothing objective-c wise in my app does that...

Maybe its just a follow on error from the 3 above it I haven't mentioned here?

DaCarSoft

???

Are you using my keyboard wrapper? It should not fire that error... I'm not using unofficial calls...  Anyway, my keyboard wrapper does not appears correctly under iOS 7, I have to update the code to show Textboxes correctly.

I will try to investigate and test that, but, are you using some other kind of wrapper?   That ButtonDown/ButtonUp could be iCade related...   But it is early to say something...

What libraries/frameworks are you using???

DaCarSoft

ARGHHHHH!!!!   It is iCade related, again...

I suppose that the errors appears at validation time when you tries to prepare the package of your App for send it to Apple.

It does not let you continue???   What steps exactly are you doing???   I want to replicate that...

Thanks

spacefractal

yes the iCade window issue have been fixed, but im do got the same warning too when using the validating.

Howover if im try to submit it, its did upload its with no problems, but got the warning after submitting again

References using non-public might got rejected by Apple, so you need pass that validation.

OS. My guess is properrty buttonUp and buttonDown is now a reserved variable for Game Controllers (iOS7) support, which this game does not supporting. So its possible a false positive. But better to get that fixed.

mrplant

Yep fraid to say I've been trying to get my app validated for the past two days - spent hours until I have came to the conclusion there isn't much I can do myself about it..
I am not using any wrappers or external files - just a standard GLBasic program compiling for the iOS platform.

The main error I get is a general error that my app.plist file cannot be processed - I used application loader to see what happened with that and got more details I posted earlier. Bottom line I cannot validate my app for submission.

mrplant

XCode just comes up with this error - and no matter what I do I can't get past it. It then says app failed verification.

This is a very annoying general error - in that it doesn't say anything about what is wrong as such - as I said, using application loader instead of XCode 5 to upload the app gives more info - but I posted that info earlier. At the moment unable to upload or validate a new version of Rock Crush to Apple. Argh...

DaCarSoft

I think it is a false positive...

I renamed some functions and sent all my code again to Gernot, I have not an iCade, but I will try to test it with a bluetooth keyboard.

I think Gernot will include my code in short, in the next beta it should be corrected.

EDIT: I just tested with "INPUT" and a bluetooth keyboard and it works fine. The bug should be fixed.