My results compiling for iOS7

Previous topic - Next topic

mrplant

Just to report back.

I have compiled my app on Xcode 5, Ipad 2 running final IOS 7 and using the above settings does indeed fix the issue of the screen being off by 40 pixels.  :nw:  :nw:  :nw:  :nw:  :nw:

However there is still a corrupt white line across the screen that moves depending on how I tilt the device. I know this is in fact the supposed hidden iCADE input window.  :giveup:

I am running GLBASIC 10.283 here.. and its still an issue.

I will try the latest V11 beta shortly again..  :blink:

mrplant

I just tried the latest V11 beta as of 26th Sept 2013.

I still have a few issues.

1/. There is still one single feint line "Below" what my app thinks is the bottom line of its display area - looks like 2 pixels or so below - I am GUESSING this is the hidden window for the ICADE code. Could it be this window needs the new view controller property DaCarSoft discovered set also?

2/. I have an iPad 3. In the "iphone" project properties in by GLBASIC project - the screen size is drop set to 1024x768. I tried manually setting it to 2048X1536 but my app didn't detect that actual resolution just 1024x768?

3/. This one is kind of different to the two above but basically when including a .mm file containing EXTERN "C" code - XCODE 5 is going nuts about it despite it being marked as OBJECTIVE C ++ code for that file in the Xcode project?

I have moved the file into iphone/Lib where it normally goes but it won't compile without lots of syntax errors. My current workaround is to remove library completely and butcher my code to not use the library for  now - anyone got any experience compiling  on Xcode 5?
Again, I don't have this problem with GLBASIC 10 - just 11. I realise this one is probably some XCODE setting but can I find it?

spacefractal

the iCade issue got newer fixed again. Only v11.171 got that fixed. So please fix that again, is so long time it awile and its another annoying ting.

So its seen it have been take some time after 11.414?

iPad 2 does not have retina screen.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

mrplant

sorry meant ipad 3 not ipad 2

spacefractal

try set the resolution to 9999x9998. Here its seen works fine with iPad 3, iOS 6 and xCode 5.

Im normally compile mm and m to the Classes folder and add them to the project. Not in the Lib folder, which should only contain the 3 *.a files (easier to mainstream, due the project overwrite bug).

The only most major issue for me is still the dummy iCade issue, which repeared again after that 11.171 version. While its a easy fix, its have not done anything like that.

Im do hope Gernot a day could reupload that beta version (so we can uses both v11.171 and the latest version), which is still the best version for iOS until then.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

mrplant

I will try that thanks.

mrplant

Argh...

here is a screenshot of my .mm file and its location under Classes as you say.. Why does Xcode still not like it? Any ideas?

I tried the latest beta and it still has the feint iCade line across the bottom of the screen.

I also changed project settings to 9999x9998 but strangely my app still reports running resolution as 1024x768 on latest beta.

I am confused.. Wish these few remaining iOS issues could be fixed in GLBASIC as at the moment I can't get anything into the App store like this..

MrTAToad

That looks like you need to #include "string.h" and try and find what values YES and NO are...

It looks like the mm file isn't complete for some reason...

mrplant

Strange that I haven't edited this file for months and it compiled fine with ios6 - I was thinking a project file setting for architecture or something?

I just remembered that the generated project from glbasic 10 compiles fine on xcode 5 - its just the generated project files from the new v11 beta that I get this problem with.

spacefractal

you need to include anything you uses.

etc using ui thing, you should do a
Code (glbasic) Select

#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>

Also have you checked icons, if the retina icons exists? xcode uses different resoulution, so you need around 8 icons to suit anything.

But howover im only uses Glbasic v11.171, not a newer version. That version fixed most bugs, include iCade (and got my iPad Retina pretty nice with xCode 5).

If im remove all other platforms than that, its only 41mb zippet. Hence im are happy to upload that version, which only contain the iOS platform (because 11.414 works fine for rest important platforms). But im do need a permission from Gernot first.

PS. The project it overwrite is being in Compiler\platform\iPhone\XCode. Eventuelly most issues and wrappers could been done fixed there really (anything got copied). Im have not touched it throught.

DaCarSoft

Emmm... Sorry because of my late reply...

First of all... Thanks MrPlant for your comments...

The iCade issues in last betas should be fixed in next version, I re-sent to Gernot a little piece of code that was lost in last beta versions.

Also, I just found some time to fix some bugs related with orientation under iOS 7, I will send all my code to Gernot to fix it in short, after a little bit more testing.

At the other side, errors related to .mm files could be because of last Beta 11 versions also, I found that the file iphone_prefix.pch (or a name similar) was lost in the Xcode project generated by GLBasic.

It is possible to add that file to your Xcode project manually by copying it from an old GLBasic project (from version 10, for example).

Also, it is possible to paste the code from the "prefix header" file (.pch) in the .mm file directly... Hope this helps... I'm replying from my iPhone now, but if you need I can explain the solution to that problem later, when I can have my laptop near...

I'm compiling ok for my iPad 4 at full retina resolution without problems and I will send all my work to Gernot as soon as I can.

"Si quieres resultados distintos... no hagas siempre lo mismo" - Albert Einstein.

mrplant

Thats great news DaCarSoft!!!

mrplant

Initial tests on 11.559 are this is an amazing release! A step in the right direction.
I can set project settings at 2048x1536 and it runs at that res on the ipad3 - which is what I want.
The dreaded icade lines are GONE!!!!
I fixed my .mm file (my fault). Had lost an include line as someone pointed out above.

Only thing I have noticed Gernaut is that you should add

View controller-based status bar appearance        Boolean      NO
<key>UIViewControllerBasedStatusBarAppearance</key>
<false/>

To the generated projects plist file so that the status bar is hidden by default which at the moment it isn't and as a result is shifting down the graphics onscreen with a horrible green or red battery bar shown.

Once this setting is added - it all looks good on mobile so far!

thanks.

erico

Quote from: mrplant on 2013-Oct-12
Only thing I have noticed Gernaut is that you should add
:offtopic:
Jug gernault?  :D (sorry could not hold myself ;))

spacefractal

But its nice its so close as its possible now, the most important issue, the icade is gone again. The eventuelly orientation issue is not very important at all, even its would been nice.

That battery bug as well another one need to been adressed as well: The project overwriting issue, which can been very annoying. Its should only been happens if the folder does not exists (same goes for Android project really).... This could been eventuelly a option of course.