V11+V12 Beta bugreports!

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

?IFDEF ANDROID seen not working for ANDROID?

Also there is no document how IFDEF is using, which is not in INDEX.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spacefractal

globasic does not follow Android guideline for Tables. Im have hard time trying to get that to work and only can get that one default icon to work. But its not the correct way to do that.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

Try using ?IF DEFINED(ANDROID) - "ANDROID" should work...

kanonet

X_SETTEXTUREOFFSET is working with a static object, but it is still bugged if you use it with X_DRAWANIM and an animated object. Example:
Use a static value for for it, like X_SETTEXTUREOFFSET 0,0.1 then you get a constant rotation on animated object instead of a static translation.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

DaCarSoft

Quote from: mrplant on 2013-Aug-07
When compiling my game on the Xcode 5 beta preview, I get the following annoying errors anytime I use an external .mm file such as this. Any ideas how to solve this? This is using GLBasic V11 beta 11.414

It would appear a project setting isnt quite compatible with Xcode 5?

It appears that the iphone_prefix.pch file is missing in the Xcode project. You can workaround it adding the file or copying it from an old GLBasic 10 iOS compiled project.

"Si quieres resultados distintos... no hagas siempre lo mismo" - Albert Einstein.

DaCarSoft

Also, there is a bug related to iOS 7 and Xcode 5, detected by MrPlant (I wrote about it in the other thread) in which a battery icon appears all time when the application is running.

The solution (until Gernot could update it) is to add a parameter for the info.plist of the Xcode project by adding:

View controller-based status bar appearance        Boolean      NO

You can add it directly by creating a new value or copying and paste similar values from Xcode, but if you prefer, you can add it with a text editor:

<key>UIViewControllerBasedStatusBarAppearance</key>
<false/>

"Si quieres resultados distintos... no hagas siempre lo mismo" - Albert Einstein.

DaCarSoft

Other bug is that GLBasic 11.4XX overwrites the Xcode project in each compilation.

If you add a wrapper (.mm file or similar) to your project, you have to "re-add" it each time you compiles from GLB.

spacefractal

Yes the overwriting is a very annoying, samme happens on Android too (but easier to do that there throught). By now you can work around that overwrite bug by rename the whole xcode folder in the compile folder (Compiler\platform\iPhone\XCode\GLBasic). Just remeber rename it back on a new project.

unfy

To quote kanonet's succinct description of what I was trying to put into words:

If you access a type.memeber that does not exist and access it on a RETURN statement you get thrown to EOF

(instead of the line of the RETURN).

kanonet

1. If you have two types with functions inside, and two of the functions have the same name, ctrl+g does not work properly. It always jumps to one function of one type, no matter which one is correct in this case.

2. X_SCALING a 3D object also scales its normals, so lighting is incorrect. Could be fixed if you manually normalize the normals, or simply add glEnable(GL_NORMALIZE).

3. X_Ambient is no real ambient, just a fake, using a spot light. Please use glLightModelfv(GL_LIGHT_MODEL_AMBIENT, v) instead (in this case we wont need an id for ambient light any more). Also see this thread and my light fixes.

-----

[very old problems, I dont add this to the list at 1st post:]

4. X_FOG has no effect on shadows, so even if your object is not visible and dont get hard clipped, your shadows are visible and get hard clipped.

5. No bump mapping on Intel graphics (I guess missing extension?).

6. cuttoff is ignored for shadows/ X_SPOT_LT -3.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

kanonet

I updated the bug list in 1st Post!

Please check to see what got fixed, also please tell us what should get added to the list.

mrplant

Just noticed..
The screenshot shows that new GLBasic Beta v11.559 copies Default.png and Default@2x.png over to the XCode project. It should also recognise the file named Default-568h@2x to support 4 inch retinal displays such as iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s.

mrplant

Also, in iOS7 - the icon files have changed size. The old ones are still needed for iOS6 etc. This can get very complicated for universal apps.
I propose this solution - that GLBasic picks up the required 7 icons as in the attachment named as such icon_57x57.png etc.
It could even modify the info.plist file to included them in project with these new names.
See spec sheet for iOS7 in attachment - some developers apps (not GLBASIC ones) are failing submission due to incorrect icon files - this should sort it.

Full spec article:

[url]http://blog.manbolo.com/2013/08/15/new-metrics-for-ios-7-app-icons/url]

mrplant

Would be nice if GLBasic identified these files and included them..

spacefractal

glb_code_sign.bat dosent work if glbasic is installed in the default folder, which have a space in the path.

set KEYSTORE="%HERE%..\..\..\..\android_developer.keystore"

should have do (WITHOUT ""):
set KEYSTORE=%HERE%..\..\..\..\android_developer.keystore