V11+V12 Beta bugreports!

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

640 x 480 screen resolution is needed for HTML 5

MrTAToad

A keyboard attached/joined to an Android device only partially works - some letters are detected, but most aren't.  Keys like delete and return are ignored as well.

spacefractal

Later version of androidsextras will cover and fix this bug (replacement of key() and INKEY$). The key native functions, called by Java, is not very good and me thinks its only cover keypad style keyboards.

Ps. Real keyboard supports require android v3.0 and up. So hence unsupported in current glbasic version.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

Yes, I think it has been mentioned that keyboard support requires a later version of Android - would still be good to have though!

spacefractal

Howover that is not a bug, this is more a Android Limit. Hopefully im got a full SCANCODE keyboard working in this or next week with USB when a keyboard is connected. of course its will require higher SDK version to get working.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

bigsofty

Small bug.

I had a folded function directly above a non-folded function. Both had inline C. When you load in the project, the non-folded function had GLB-like keywords in the C auto-capitalised (case, break...). This caused a compile error. Unfolding the function and moving it away a little from the other function solved the problem.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Yes, that is a pain - the same thing happens with copying and pasting...

mrplant

When compiling my game on the Xcode 5 beta preview, I get the following annoying errors anytime I use an external .mm file such as this. Any ideas how to solve this? This is using GLBasic V11 beta 11.414

It would appear a project setting isnt quite compatible with Xcode 5?

bigsofty

There's a serious linkage error with your project, some of the errors are just the standard C libraries not being recognised, this should not be affected by any of the GLB stuff. Did you try one if the Obj-C XCode examples that came with XCode to see if its directly related to the GLB project settings?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Jonás Perusquía

I have also a bug report, MOUSEAXIS does not seems to work under Android
<HTML><BASIC><EC>
Be free and do good things

spacefractal

MOUSEAXIS is actuelly nonesense to been supported for mobileOS, because that command was more suited for a real mouse. On Touch based systems, its better to use MOUSESTATE. If you want MOUSEAXIS on those systems, then do a functions and simulate that function.

That bug have been reported long long time ago and dont except it to been fixed soon.

PS. A that command as a functions could been done in ANDROIDEXTRAS throuch.

hardyx

Quote from: mrplant on 2013-Aug-07
When compiling my game on the Xcode 5 beta preview, I get the following annoying errors anytime I use an external .mm file such as this. Any ideas how to solve this? This is using GLBasic V11 beta 11.414

It would appear a project setting isnt quite compatible with Xcode 5?
You must to put some header line in the .mm file like: #import <UIKit/UIKit.h> to define the functions used.

Jonás Perusquía

Quote from: spacefractal on 2013-Aug-10
MOUSEAXIS is actuelly nonesense to been supported for mobileOS, because that command was more suited for a real mouse. On Touch based systems, its better to use MOUSESTATE. If you want MOUSEAXIS on those systems, then do a functions and simulate that function.

That bug have been reported long long time ago and dont except it to been fixed soon.

PS. A that command as a functions could been done in ANDROIDEXTRAS throuch.

Thanks for clarifying that spacefractal!
<HTML><BASIC><EC>
Be free and do good things

spacefractal

v11.414: vSync seen not work anymore on MacOSx, even when using LimitFPS 60,1 or SDL_GL_SetAttribute(16, 1).

kanonet

Cause I dont want to create a thread just for this:
Please add a function GENSHADER() or GENX_SHADER(). I dont know a way to check if a slot is already taken by an other shader, so I cant write my own GEN... function.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64