iOS (iPad) Screen BUGs (round corners, windowed, buffer video????)

Previous topic - Next topic

DaCarSoft

I think that now it is solved, I would like to test harder...   ;)
"Si quieres resultados distintos... no hagas siempre lo mismo" - Albert Einstein.

DaCarSoft

Here are the news:

Rounded corners: FIXED!

iCade related problems with wrappers: FIXED!

iCade problem when entering in background should be fixed also...   If anyone have an iCade please tell us how it goes (the fixes still have to be implemented in GLBasic 11, I suppose)

Some other fixes have been done, like repair a problem with the dock/multitasking bar in iPad or importing files from attachments (for example) under iOS (it needs that GLBasic programmers add some params in the info.plist of the project)

;)
"Si quieres resultados distintos... no hagas siempre lo mismo" - Albert Einstein.

spacefractal

I happy for test it. I have a iCade and have that implemented in greedy mouse. I do not have access to beta yet, so what to download for fix?

But very great work!!!
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Hark0

Quote from: DaCarSoft on 2012-May-17
Here are the news:

Rounded corners: FIXED!

iCade related problems with wrappers: FIXED!

iCade problem when entering in background should be fixed also...   If anyone have an iCade please tell us how it goes (the fixes still have to be implemented in GLBasic 11, I suppose)

Some other fixes have been done, like repair a problem with the dock/multitasking bar in iPad or importing files from attachments (for example) under iOS (it needs that GLBasic programmers add some params in the info.plist of the project)

;)

BRAVO!

:good:
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

DaCarSoft

Quote from: spacefractal on 2012-May-17
I happy for test it. I have a iCade and have that implemented in greedy mouse. I do not have access to beta yet, so what to download for fix?

But very great work!!!

I think that you will need Beta 11 or maybe final GLBasic 11 version, Gernot have to include the changes in it. I suppose Gernot will tell us when will be all OK and how to proceed.

spacefractal

then I want the beta version so I can test this as well Android Surface issues. I have PM but have not got back yet (but I guess its sooner or later).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spacefractal

I got the new iPad recently and today looked around this issue (far now only tesed on the new iPad with full Retina resoulution, and also on iPad 1 too).

If I use portrait mode, then I see the corners, but if I turn to landscape mode using iOSSetOrientation function, then there is no corners. Also I did not even seen any linecross or misplaced iCade Window at all (also I have only tested with early glbasic beta v11.

Include functions.mm (zipped due forum limit) to your xcode project (mm file can been renamed), and you can call the function by this:
Code (glbasic) Select

SETORIENTATION ORIN
?IFDEF IPHONE
IMPORT "C" int iOSSetOrientation(const char*)
IF ORIN=0 THEN iOSSetOrientation("portraitnormal") // portrait renamed to portraitnormal to prevent calling portraitupsidedown too.
IF ORIN=3 THEN iOSSetOrientation("landscapeleft")
IF ORIN=2 THEN iOSSetOrientation("portraitupsidedown")
IF ORIN=1 THEN iOSSetOrientation("landscaperight")
?ENDIF

Im gonna think this is a nice temporary fix until Gernot release v11 (which also fix the noticeable center issue as well). So if you have a landscape mode game, make sure to use both landscapeleft and landscaperight as well.

PS. I hope DaCarSoft, its was ok I included your function here, which I used from your posted test project. So I wont take credits about this, but all credits to DaCarSoft.

[attachment deleted by admin]

DaCarSoft

Hi Spacefractal :)

It's OK... thanks for the credits ;)

As I told, I fixed the bug for Gernot, and I think it should be totally fixed when GLBasic 11 will appear.

Using that code to force the screen rotation you would continue having problems like having that line across the screen under certain conditions, I think...   I don't remember exactly my results, but I tested it hard :P...    I think that sometimes the line could appear again depending on the device orientation when you launches the App or if the user blocks the orientation in certain positions, or changes the device orientation with your App in background mode...     I remember some problems with certain XCode wrappers also...     but YES, in general, the wrapper for setting the iOS orientation can be used until GLBasic 11 be published  :booze:

spacefractal

As least I could not force the line bug here in greedy mouse (even forced with screen lock, that does nothing in the game, but should detect that). Corners was not even shown in landscape mode, only in portrait.

So it's must been happens with contain Xcode as well older iOS combo and resolution set and code?

Greedy Mouse is howover designed to accept any resolution as default, both portrait and landscape.

mrplant

That's great to hear you helped Gernot fix the iCade support problem, DaCarSoft!
I have been away from these forums for a good few months.

As I understand it, the fix you have come up with still enables GLBasic to support the iCade internally form within GLBasic, reading the joystick values the same as we are at present yes?

Great work guys!

DaCarSoft

The problem was related to an invisible view/window needed for the iCade to let it work as a keyboard replacement. Before the fix, that window had a couple of visible rounded corners, and could be rotated by iOS erroneously under certain conditions, showing then its borders or corners on the top of the GLBasic's view.

I forced that Window to be totally invisible.

I also made some additional fixes to let iOS bottom/multitasking bar auto-rotate behind the GLBasic application...   It's to say: You can rotate the device, press home twice, and see the bottom bar appearing in the correct position according your device orientation...   it was always in portrait orientation before...  Then, you only have to change your GLBasic's game orientation from within GLBasic's code by reading the accelerometers values...   If you want...   :P

Depending on the final Gernot's implementation in GLBasic 11, I could publish some code or a library (a simple ".a" file to include into your XCode project) to let GLBasic's programmers to control this orientation changes depending on the user iOS "lock" option or physical "lock" button state to avoid all orientation changes on the device...   It's to say: If the user blocks the orientation in portrait or landscape you can block your orientation also to not rotate the screen of your GLBasic's game (only under iOS).

And yes, I have not an iCade device for testing, but it should continue working properly in the same way as now after these fixes ;)

:booze:

spacefractal

if you ask me, you could upload the a library, since I not think the source code is really needed and its property easier to import them for using undtil v11 used.

I have not noticed the taskbar issue.

As I have wrote before I can test that (but I could not invoke the linecross issue here) for iCade, iPad 1 and iPad 3 combo and testing the in Greedy Mouse (which can use that device and in any orientation and resoulution) and give some feedback.

DaCarSoft

Hi again!

My library needs the fixes into GLBasic 11. We have to wait until GLBasic 11 be published, unfortunately.

Regards.