HP TouchPad - screen is not centered and not full screen

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

guess I'll have to buy an expensive one then, too.
Thing is - I ordered THREEEEE and the guy shipped one to another one - I can see that from the votes - and he does NOT DELIVER. I'm so sure he has them somewhere and wants to sell for 2x price with a different eBay account.

Ian Price

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Aug-31
I'm so sure he has them somewhere and wants to sell for 2x price with a different eBay account.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. He sold too low then realized later that by cancelling your order he could make more money. What a git.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Great ebay: EUR 299 is the cheapest. OK for 32GB,  279,- for 16GB. WTF!!!

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

Millerszone

Last week I signed up to receive an email notification when HP has more TouchPad's in stock.
If I get lucky and get one, I sell to Gernot.

This is where I signed up for the email notification. Currently not taking anymore.
http://www.hp.com/united-states/webos/us/en/tablet/touchpad-availability.html

HP should have gave the firesale prices to webOS developers first.

Hardware: iMac 27", MacBook Air, PC 3.5Ghz Quad
Developing Tools: GLBasic SDK, Gideros Studio, PureBasic
Developing for: iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, webOS, HTML5

Crivens

I triple confirm it. My game uses 3D in portrait mode and it runs upside down. Plus it is positioned incorrectly on the screen like the others mentioned. I think as well that the screen ratio is slightly out too as it doesn't look quite right for the resolution. On top of this it also doesn't respond to the correct location when touching the screen (it's a fair bit off it seems). It could be that the touchscreen is correct and drawing it is incorrect.

Oh, and also the accelerometer doesn't seem to work correctly at all. What is perfect on the Pre (and iOS) seems to be widely out in my game.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Kitty Hello

Mine is shipping now. I expect it next week, monday. (USA-Germany UPS Express)

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

It's a nice little machine, especially for the (lower) price. Look into it and install preware. Much better now. I've installed a few things to get it running faster and smoother, and right now is clocking stable at 1.7Ghz (a lot of people have seen 1.9Ghz running ok but I've heard of some problems at the minute. Best to wait until ironed out). Nice. Incase anyone is wondering I first used F15C and this only clocked one core and didn't work correctly (plus put text when booting onto the screen). Now am using Warthog kernel and seems much better. Add a load of other patches and plugins into it and it running brilliantly. Lovely device. Downside is I've done zero GLB today :(

Can't wait for Gernot to get his and then fix up the problems we have been having.

Cheers

Ian Price

I'm not O/C'ing my machine - that way I can see the REAL speed of my apps and what the general populace should be seeing too.

I may well patch my machine at some point, but I've not bothered for my Pixi, Pre Plus or Pre2 and haven't really felt the need to so far.

Also, I know it's practically impossible, but I don't want to brick any of my machines - I really can't afford to replace them, even if i could get hold of them!
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

The utility you use has profiles so you can lower it back again instantly. Is pretty well put together

Cheers

Kitty Hello

Ian Price

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Sep-13
I forgot to mention, this is fixed now.
Yay! =D

Just had a play and it works fine, however the screen is upside down (HOME key at bottom in portrait mode). Not a big deal though, as we can rotate this.

It works brilliantly though :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Crivens

What's fixed now? The screen problems? Whoop! Does the accelerometer also work ok? I seemed quite wrong when I tested it but obviously could just be to do with the screen problems.

Do you have to compile specifically for TP or just use WebOS and it will work along with Pre machines? Also does compiling for the Pixi work on it like it does on the Pre (ie. non-optimised)?

Cheers

Ian Price

I first ran a regular PRE app on it and it ran in the top corner, but you could see the whole image and the touchscreen was accurate and responsive.

I scaled it up using POLVECTOR to TouchPad size and it filled the screen correctly. :)

The only problem is that it is all upside down (if you have it in portrait mode with HOME key at bottom). Easily sorted though.
I came. I saw. I played.