GLBasic executable on VirtualBox

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

I have SDL_Mixer installed and I have a problem comment something about "can't runs share SDLlib.so.0" I think the problem its I have a 64 bits Linux and GLbasic uses 32 bits.

Really I try to install a lot of versions of SDL but nothing doesn't works

Lnux it's a real Machine not under Virtualization.

Hemlos

Quote from: kanonet on 2014-Aug-31
Quote from: Hemlos on 2014-Aug-30
Doesnt seem to work on 32 bit machines, is this normal?
Runs quite fine for me. Tested Linux Mint 17 32bit in VMware.

Ok im testing on native systems.

I just tested a .linux file on a 32 bit machine with XUbuntu this time, and i get the libSDL_mixer error.
Same result same machine with  Linux Mint 17 32bit...sdlmixer

I also tested on 64 bit native installtions, and since the new glbasic update they work now.

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

MrTAToad

Is libSDL_mixer installed ?

If its a 64-bit system, I believe you need to add something like :i386 to must sure that the 32-bit version is installed.

Hemlos

if its a 64 bit system, and you install a 64 bit linux platform, you dont need to install anything at all.......distribution.linux will run as expected in linux.

Its a 32 bit platform that is not compatible.

And about installing dependancies.....  :shit:

MrTAToad

32-bit stuff on a 64-bit Linux system can be a bit... problematic :)

Hemlos

64 bit Ubuntu based system, like Mint, has no issues with linux binaries created with GLBasic.exe(compiled on windows 7), it also runs (using wine) windows binaries(also compiled on window 7)
The other 2 major platforms, fedora, and opensuse, these i cant run any binaries at all.

All GLBasic binaries are 32 bit anyway, so what do you mean?

MrTAToad

I have found - whether its due to the operating system itself or not - but installing 32-bit libraries on a 64-bit system causes weird stability problems - and thats of course, after trying to get them installed...

kanonet

Quote from: Hemlos on 2014-Aug-31
Quote from: kanonet on 2014-Aug-31
Quote from: Hemlos on 2014-Aug-30
Doesnt seem to work on 32 bit machines, is this normal?
Runs quite fine for me. Tested Linux Mint 17 32bit in VMware.

Ok im testing on native systems.

I just tested a .linux file on a 32 bit machine with XUbuntu this time, and i get the libSDL_mixer error.
Same result same machine with  Linux Mint 17 32bit...sdlmixer

I also tested on 64 bit native installtions, and since the new glbasic update they work now.
Yeah you need to install sdlmixer like i said many posts ago. But thats a 30sec action and then your program works perfectly on linux. I just tested it on a real machine again, Linux Mint 17 32 bit.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Hemlos

I got it to run ...sortof on xubuntu 32 without install anything.

It seems to not want to drawline...thats the only draw test i did tho

About installing something....ive tried, i cant find it....its not a default thing.

MrTAToad

What version of Xubuntu are you using?

Hemlos

14.04 and it shows images ...so the noaa program works as expected as a .linux file.
I do more testing later