GLBasic executable on VirtualBox

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Have you managed to test a new program on an old system ?  If it does work, then it is most likely due to all probably library naming or something.

kanonet

No tested new+old executable on new Linux (which is where we want it to run, right?), can not see where test on old Linux would be as useful. But feel free to test it as well - I bet you get the same result, old works, new not.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kitty Hello

Yikes! I have to check where it crashes...

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

Hemlos

WB

I promised the thread this info

Quote from: Gernotyou mainly need libstdc++.5 and libsdlmixer.
There's a tool to check for dependencies. I think it was "ldd".

I am looking in the Linux mint Synaptic Package manager, and it seems they are only offering  GNU Standard C++ Library v3.
And libsdlmixer isnt offered at all  :zzz:
I tried all kinds of searches in the package manager, there doesnt seem to be a dependancy checker.

Whats interesting is the mint is using all ubuntu stuff....for whatever reason it seems to be missing stuff.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

MrTAToad

Quote from: kanonet on 2014-Aug-19
No tested new+old executable on new Linux (which is where we want it to run, right?), can not see where test on old Linux would be as useful. But feel free to test it as well - I bet you get the same result, old works, new not.
True, but I was wondering how much is caused by the new graphics system and what-not, that has been introduced...

MrTAToad

Quote from: Hemlos on 2014-Aug-20
WB

I promised the thread this info

Quote from: Gernotyou mainly need libstdc++.5 and libsdlmixer.
There's a tool to check for dependencies. I think it was "ldd".

I am looking in the Linux mint Synaptic Package manager, and it seems they are only offering  GNU Standard C++ Library v3.
And libsdlmixer isnt offered at all  :zzz:
I tried all kinds of searches in the package manager, there doesnt seem to be a dependancy checker.

Whats interesting is the mint is using all ubuntu stuff....for whatever reason it seems to be missing stuff.
It could be under libSDL_mixer-1.2  Perhaps you need some universal repository ?

mentalthink

I make a simple test because I don't know if GLBasic fails for Ubuntu and the newer versions or it's problem of GLbasic in self.

Ok, I found in my hard drive the 7 version (a lot of time here !!!  ;)) and I compile a simple Code... really runs perfectly.

I leave you a Image... only print p letter.

In fact I don't have to use with the terminal, only press the Icon and runs perfectly.

Perhaps looking diferences between the 7 and the last Gernnot have more easy correct the little problem.

MrTAToad

It sounds like pretty much what I feared - looks like all the new Linux stuff is causing GLBasic linux stuff to fail.  Unfortunately it will have to be updated...

mentalthink

Another interesting point with 7 and the last version with Virtual Box...

Now make works the codes we have to disable the 3D Acceleration, but using the 7 version the programs compiled for Windows under Virtual Box runs fine.. Only appears a extrange windows first full of colors and then appears the code... with the last make something similar but don't starts the program...

Only comment for advise of this point, not for say hurry up!!! or any other thing, don't worry!!!  :booze:  :good:

kanonet

Hemlos you only need sdl-mixer1.2 nothing more.

MrT I dont think you are right (but I may be wrong). I think it has nothing to do with new linux or old. I think its simply something in GLBasic. Because old GLBasic works for old and new Linux, and new GLBasic executable does not work for new linux and also probably not for old linux (but not tested). So since old GLBasic works always, I think something simply got messed up with newer GLBasic.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Hemlos

I dont know K dawg, it could be because theyve advanced the kernal in linux so much since then?

Mental, wtf, who uses that? lmao

Hemlos

heres a screeny of my current options...

i think i need to find another resource for my files....just dont know how yet.

MrTAToad

fuzzy70

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2014-Aug-21
They look very old!
That's because they are not the sdl_mixer packages but Haskel wrappers.

@Hemlos, Try a search using underscore not hyphen so sdl_mixer as that's what they are under mine (openSUSE 13.1)

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

MrTAToad

Quote from: fuzzy70 on 2014-Aug-21
Quote from: MrTAToad on 2014-Aug-21
They look very old!
That's because they are not the sdl_mixer packages but Haskel wrappers.
Ah!