heliuse

I noticed some strange random flickers on gp2x  screen very unpleasant.  =(

thank's in advance to fix this bug

Marcus.Zone

Schranz0r

maybe update youre GP2X ?
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

heliuse

it's not the gp2x, seem it's glbasic
(i have the last firmware) .

thank you

Schranz0r

thats the GP2X ;)

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

heliuse

all games written in glbasic have this problem on gp2x  ;/

Schranz0r

yes, on your GP2X ;)
There is no other with the same problem  ;/

PC:

heliuse

Sorry for my bad English. (google)
I pence begin to know the glbasic on gp2x, I just wear two games, Poker and Puckman.
I asked several programmers on gp2x test if they had the same propleme flash with the glbasic.
Indeed this problem is on display all the games glbasic and all gp2x.
If you deny this problem and do not débugez, I should therefore change the language to get a quality display correctly on my next games gp2x.
Other people that I talk about this bug on other posts:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=1669.0
"I also noticed some strange random flickers on gp2x screen"
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=1838.0
"Nice game but i wonder why the screen flashing, i have notified that is on many games writted with Glbasic on gp2x, anyone know why gp2x games with GlBasic flash?"

Schranz0r

QuoteOther people that I talk about this bug on other posts:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=1669.0

Thats a soundproblem  :noggin:

Quotehttp://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=1838.0
there is one other with your problem, but no more ;)

Something wrong on your GP2X, but i dont know what!

PC:

heliuse

Quasist : "I also noticed some strange random flickers on gp2x screen"
Thats a soundproblem  ?

Grz- :"Nice game but i wonder why the screen flashing, i have notified that is on many games writted with Glbasic on gp2x, anyone know why gp2x games with GlBasic flash?
there is one other with your problem, but no more ? Grz > heliuse ?

It is easier to say that is the gp2x bug than a  glbasic  bug
Strange that my GP2x  bug only with games coded in  gbasic  ! :rolleyes: ...

Moru

Can you please post your game so we can try it? I have never had any flickering on our GP2X.

Its also very easy to complain that ist's not working but try debugging something without having the actual problematic item. It's like telling your car-dealer that you have troubles with the car and then hang up the phone :-)

heliuse

ALL gp2x games coded in Glbasic .
buy glasses   :rolleyes:
:offtopic:

Neurox

Dear Helios,
we have started with wrong feet :-)
I have writen dozen programs with GLBasic (GP2XPaint,
GP2X_TLI, BisfoG, ADIC2X,GP2XInitSound etc.) but
I don't seen this problem.
Please post the version of your firmware and GP2X
version (F100 or F200), if you use batteries or plug.
And the name of one program (for test) which you
see the big problem !

Thanks,
Neurox

Paolo Borzini | paolo@borzini.it
The WhiteFly Software | www.thewhitefly.it
Service on line for screen printers | www.4pellicole.it

Grz-

I agree with heliuse.
This is not the GP2X, i see this problem on some GP2X games written in GlBasic but it's hard to see it for peoples who don't have the eye or simply don't get attention to it, for example, try the game "B'lox" on GP2X, stay at the intro screen (with the image of the GlBasic competition), after some seconds or minutes (depending when it want to show :p) you will surely notice a quick flicker... :)

It's not the GP2X because i play several games and emulators on it, i code on it too and all my stuff don't have this flicker, GlBasic games have it. (i don't code in GlBasic)

BTW: B'lox intro don't have any sounds played. ;)

Ian Price

GLBasic games do flicker occasionally on GP2X machines - I have an F100 and an F200 (and lovely it is too, thankyou Gernot and the other judges). But it's not a big deal. Flickering may just be one frame in a second and not at all regular (it can be seconds or minutes between flickering).

This is not a sound problem but it is noticable, although honestly it's not something I worry about. It would probably take more time to diagnose and fix than it is worth. It's a tiny little niggle in the grand scheme of things and I think Gernot (and everyone involved in GLBasic) should be applauded for what has been done with the language.

It's not necessarily a bug, just an occurrence and one that I just ignore TBH. But it does exist.

I came. I saw. I played.

heliuse

a game programming language should display perfectly