Retro Pixel Art

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

I recently published a Sketchpad Book for Retro Pixel Art doodling.

It's not a how-to-do drawing book but a Tool for devs and Game jammers to create mockups for pixel art.
Filled with blank Sprite grids and blank color palette grids.

I originally did it for myself but thought others would find it useful too...

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

erico

Looks nice, can we see a bit of the interior?

WPShadow

AMD X2 4600, 2 GB Ram, ATI X1950 XTX, XP PRO SP2: GLB Premium 10.beta_dingsi, <(´.´<) Kirby Dance (>`.`)>
http://lostrevenant.blogspot.com
alea iacta est

GarBenjamin

I may have to grab this. I've been getting back into ultra low res pixel art the past several months and one thing I remember doing long ago is using graph paper to design tiles and sprites for the C64. But having a book full of grids sounds pretty handy. Could almost just get one just for doodling trying out ideas and then get one every time I start a new project. Be cool to have for the future. lol  Anyway, great idea!

MrPlow

Quote from: GarBenjamin on 2016-Dec-02
I may have to grab this. I've been getting back into ultra low res pixel art the past several months and one thing I remember doing long ago is using graph paper to design tiles and sprites for the C64. But having a book full of grids sounds pretty handy. Could almost just get one just for doodling trying out ideas and then get one every time I start a new project. Be cool to have for the future. lol  Anyway, great idea!

Thats exactly why I did it - also you do a 'look inside' to see interior on most amazon sites...I thought it could be handy for creating while AFK in general too.

Its niche but hopefully Game Devs will find it handy for doing pixel art mockups etc.

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs