Android API-18 SDK for glbasic v5 (06-11-2013)

Previous topic - Next topic

spicypixel

I have just written this little routine which lets you select the main icon (icon.png 512x512) and then create the subsequent AE sized icons ;-)

Code (glbasic) Select

// --------------------------------- //
// Project: AEIcons
// Start: Tuesday, July 15, 2014
// IDE Version: 12.096

// Request Icon File
GLOBAL icon_file$, icon_sprite%
icon_file$ = FILEREQUEST$(TRUE, "PNG Image File|*.png")

// Perform Icon Scale Actions
IF icon_file$ <> "NO_FILE"
icon_sprite% = GENSPRITE()
LOADSPRITE icon_file$, icon_sprite%

CREATESCREEN 1, 1,  36,  36
CREATESCREEN 2, 2,  48,  48
CREATESCREEN 3, 3,  72,  72
CREATESCREEN 4, 4,  96,  96
CREATESCREEN 5, 5, 734, 412

USESCREEN 1 ; ALPHAMODE -1 ; SMOOTHSHADING TRUE ; STRETCHSPRITE icon_sprite%,   0, 0,  36,  36
USESCREEN 2 ; ALPHAMODE -1 ; SMOOTHSHADING TRUE ; STRETCHSPRITE icon_sprite%,   0, 0,  48,  48
USESCREEN 3 ; ALPHAMODE -1 ; SMOOTHSHADING TRUE ; STRETCHSPRITE icon_sprite%,   0, 0,  72,  72
USESCREEN 4 ; ALPHAMODE -1 ; SMOOTHSHADING TRUE ; STRETCHSPRITE icon_sprite%,   0, 0,  96,  96
USESCREEN 5 ; ALPHAMODE -1 ; SMOOTHSHADING TRUE ; STRETCHSPRITE icon_sprite%, 161, 0, 412, 412
ENDIF

// Draw our Spoils
USESCREEN -1
CLEARSCREEN RGB(32,64,128)

DRAWSPRITE 5, 0, 0
PRINT "ICONS PREPARED, CLICK MOUSE TO SAVE SPRITES!", 20, 20
ELSE
PRINT "NO FILE CHOSEN, CLICK MOUSE TO END!", 20, 20

ENDIF

SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT

// Save Sprites
GLOBAL fname$[]

DIMDATA fname$[], "icon_36_AndroidExtras.png", "icon_48_AndroidExtras.png", "icon_72_AndroidExtras.png", "icon_96_AndroidExtras.png", "icon_ouya_AndroidExtras.png"
FOR t% = 1 TO 5
SAVESPRITE MID$(icon_file$, 0, REVINSTR(icon_file$, "/") + 1) + fname$[t% - 1], t%
NEXT

ENDIF

As you can see I'm using ALPHAMODE and SMOOTHSHADING but alas the icons are not anti-aliased as I'd hoped. Still might be handy for someone?
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

spacefractal

I'm could done the same in blitzmax, which I'm perfer when doing tools (because its create the exe straigt away without creating folders etc). But I'm dedicated not resize it from main icon, because some resized icons can look quite awful, so its better to do that in example in Photoshop or Gimp. Same with iOS icons.

Alternative im could do that if the icons dosent exists, but icon.png do. Im thinks im can look on that as well.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spicypixel

I'm using this in a loop and I keep getting a 0 value??????

"JGET = " + Android.getScreenOrientation()

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

spacefractal

its a bug. Its the long time orientation issue, which for some reasons have been broken (have no idea why). Howover its a easy one to fix that bug.

So in SDLActivity.java, the line

if (tokens[0].equals("getOrientation"))

should have been

if (tokens[0].equals("getOrientation") || tokens[0].equals("screenOrientation"))

But you dont need doing that in loop, because its a constant value. Its only returns the default orientation value of the device. which used to been set on the startup.

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spicypixel

I've amended the SDLActivity.java codeline in the GLBasic_v12 Compile directory, how come you didn't include that fix in the AE exe install file? If I perform the orientation test at the start of my code to determine what orientation the device is in at launch, do I use GETJOY in a loop to further check tilting so as to use SETORIENTATION once I know the original ORIENTATION and define it accordingly.

spacefractal

If it's just for orientation, then you don't need code like that with this fix. It's was just a very stupid bug. No idea why it's got renamed. So it's must happens recently without im have noticed it.

It's does that allready do that on the android.init(), but failed that too :-).

But its was very late night,so the file was not finished to upload. Hence not updated the sticky post.

PS. if you uses "sensorLandscape", then the system will rotate screen automatic, if its a landscape mode you using. You can do the same with portrait. So GETJOY etc is not required at all on Android. But still this must been the most stupid bug, and nice found Spicypixel.

S.O.P.M.

I have massive problems using the new AE and/or Android compiling doesn't work anymore for me since I updated something. First I updated GLB via web update to 12.308. Then I got the full version from AE here, DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED, installed it. After that I got the following Java SDK: http://www.computerbild.de/download/Java-SDK-SE-32-Bit-3685826.html, installed it.

I followed the new instructions in the Android Extras for glbasic.chm file of AE. Android.init() first, then Android.Check_Asset() instead of Check_Asset() alone. More functions of AE I don't use actually. I included all three .gbas files AndroidExtras.gbas, Funcs_General.gbas, interstitial.gbas, of course.

First, the compiler told me that GLB_ON_PAUSE is not defined so I commented it out in the interstitial.gbas file. Then I got this huge list of errors and warnings from the compiler:

Code (glbasic) Select
"AndroidExtras.gbas"(23) warning : GPC1003 Demo mode: This command would require "GLBasic SDK premium"  : IMPORT
Wordcount:3332 commands
compile+link:

running glb_build.bat
Using ANDROID_TARGET="android-18"
You can use "C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\glb_android_build.bat" to change the API level and SDK path.
%ANDROIDSDK% not set. Using GLBasic's default target-18, Android 4.3

Checking Icons (uses 'AndroidExtras_icons_X.png' For changes)....
C:/Program Files (x86)/GLBasic/projects/mario/distribute/Android
C:/Program Files (x86)/GLBasic/projects/mario/icon_ouya_AndroidExtras.png is missing (732x412 size)
the Ouya icon is not important, if you dont want to support the console
Checking Icons Finished...

BUILD STAGE 2: Start compiler (android.bat)
R:\Compiler\platform\android\bin\..\android-sdk-windows
Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.
Updated project.properties
Updated local.properties
Updated file C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\build.xml
Updated file C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\proguard-project.txt
Updated project.properties
Updated local.properties
Updated file C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\bin\build.xml
Updated file C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\bin\proguard-project.txt
BUILD STAGE 3: Build a debug build
   [subant] No sub-builds to iterate on
    [javac] warning: [options] source value 1.5 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
    [javac] warning: [options] target value 1.5 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
    [javac] warning: [options] To suppress warnings about obsolete options, use -Xlint:-options.
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:381: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] if (shop.mOuyaFacade.isRunningOnOUYASupportedHardware()==true) // we are on Ouya?
    [javac]                     ^
    [javac]   symbol:   method isRunningOnOUYASupportedHardware()
    [javac]   location: variable mOuyaFacade of type OuyaFacade
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:384: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] OuyaInputMapper.init(this);
    [javac] ^
    [javac]   symbol:   variable OuyaInputMapper
    [javac]   location: class SDLActivity
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:551: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] { OuyaInputMapper.shutdown(this);
    [javac] ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:713: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] if (OuyaInputMapper.shouldHandleInputEvent(keyEvent)==true) {
    [javac]     ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:715: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] { return OuyaInputMapper.dispatchKeyEvent(this, keyEvent);
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:723: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] if (OuyaInputMapper.shouldHandleInputEvent(motionEvent)==true) {
    [javac]     ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:724: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] return OuyaInputMapper.dispatchGenericMotionEvent(this, motionEvent);
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\GameControllers.java:307: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] { OuyaController.ButtonData buttonData = OuyaController.getButtonData(Button);
    [javac]               ^
    [javac]   symbol:   class ButtonData
    [javac]   location: class OuyaController
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\GameControllers.java:307: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] { OuyaController.ButtonData buttonData = OuyaController.getButtonData(Button);
    [javac]                                                      ^
    [javac]   symbol:   method getButtonData(int)
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\GameControllers.java:416: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] try { OuyaController.showCursor(false); } catch(NullPointerException e) { }
    [javac]   symbol:   method showCursor(boolean)
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:193: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] String PriceText = p.getFormattedPrice();
    [javac]   symbol:   method getFormattedPrice()
    [javac]   location: variable p of type Product
    [javac] Note: C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] 11 errors
    [javac] 3 warnings

BUILD FAILED
R:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:720: The following error occurred while executing this line:
R:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:734: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 6 seconds
BUILD STAGE 4: Build a release build
   [subant] No sub-builds to iterate on
    [javac] warning: [options] source value 1.5 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
    [javac] warning: [options] target value 1.5 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
    [javac] warning: [options] To suppress warnings about obsolete options, use -Xlint:-options.
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:381: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] if (shop.mOuyaFacade.isRunningOnOUYASupportedHardware()==true) // we are on Ouya?
    [javac]   symbol:   method isRunningOnOUYASupportedHardware()
    [javac]   location: variable mOuyaFacade of type OuyaFacade
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:384: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] OuyaInputMapper.init(this);
    [javac] ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:551: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] { OuyaInputMapper.shutdown(this);
    [javac] ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:713: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] if (OuyaInputMapper.shouldHandleInputEvent(keyEvent)==true) {
    [javac]     ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:715: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] { return OuyaInputMapper.dispatchKeyEvent(this, keyEvent);
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:723: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] if (OuyaInputMapper.shouldHandleInputEvent(motionEvent)==true) {
    [javac]     ^
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java:724: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] return OuyaInputMapper.dispatchGenericMotionEvent(this, motionEvent);
    [javac]        ^
    [javac]               ^
    [javac]   symbol:   class ButtonData
    [javac]                                                      ^
    [javac]   symbol:   method getButtonData(int)
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\GameControllers.java:416: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] try { OuyaController.showCursor(false); } catch(NullPointerException e) { }
    [javac]   symbol:   method showCursor(boolean)
    [javac] C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\Shop.java:193: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] String PriceText = p.getFormattedPrice();
    [javac]   symbol:   method getFormattedPrice()
    [javac]   location: variable p of type Product
    [javac] Note: C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android\src\com\glbasic\test\SDLActivity.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] 11 errors
    [javac] 3 warnings

BUILD FAILED
R:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:720: The following error occurred while executing this line:
R:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:734: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 4 seconds
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xms256m -Xmx512m
HOW TO INSTALL? Install by invoke this command:
"R:\Compiler\platform\android\bin\..\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe" install -r "C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android/bin/glbasic-debug.apk"
HOW TO SIGN? Sign it by invoke this command:
"R:\Compiler\platform\android\bin\glb_code_sign.bat" "C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android"
Android=C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\projects\mario\distribute\Android
erfolgreich
Dauer: 31.7 sek. Zeit: 09:53
Erstellen: 1 erfolgreich.

Am I right that the cannot find symbol hints are not really important and only about the icons?

Using GLBasic's default target-18, Android 4.3 is not good, right?

Fact it, it doesn't write any new apk file. It seems something with the Java SDK went completely wrong. To ensure it's not something set wrong with AE, I tried to compile a project that doesn't use AE. I got all the same errors and warnings.

I'm so disappointed about myself not to understand the technical backgrounds of all this, with the result not to really know what to do and why.
Notebook PC Samsung E372 Core i5 @ 2,6 GHz; 4 GB RAM; Win 7 Home Premium

spacefractal

look like some libs in the android/libs is not have been updated. ouya-sdk.jar seen missing in the app distribute/Android/libs, which is required, that even you not uses ouya. You should delete the whole libs folder and let glbasic recreate the folder again. glbasic might not overwrite the libs folder anymore, unlike previous version.

Also you also need to upgrade your glbasic to the full premium version, since Android Extras uses IMPORT function, which is required.

you should add SUB GLB_ON_PAUSE: and SUB GLB_ON_RESUME: when the user leave the app for some reason. Im was forced to call those manualy to avoid a crash in interstitial.gbas. But if you dont use interstitial.gbas, then there is no worry about that.

PS. Your java installation seen all right. Dont worry about those many Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden lines.

PPS. Im could also have updated to even future api. This due im uses a few api calls. One for Android 4.4, but lucky its diddent require a full API upgrade, so hence im uses Android 4.3 api.

S.O.P.M.

Many thanks for your reply! It's very appreciated. Now I did a fresh install of GLB, Java and AE. Finally I got almost everything to work as before. Interestingly the glbasic_debug.apk file is about 1 MB smaller. I guess this is because of the latest Java JDK.

One bad thing remains: My app runs extremely slow on my mobile Android device (Android 4.3). I think I've not more than 10 fps. Before it was stable at 60 fps. Can anyone confirm this? Should I install an older Java JDK again or maybe there's another reason for this? My Java version is now jdk1.8.0_20.

spacefractal

im have no idea. Its run nice on my devices im uses (include that one currectly test on, which is a Android 4.1 device). Im use jdk1.7.0_60 here with Android API 18 with few sdk added).

im do eventuelly need logcat.

Also please note, its can eventuelly due missing IMPORT function (im saw "AndroidExtras.gbas"(23) warning : GPC1003 Demo mode: This command would require "GLBasic SDK premium.

S.O.P.M.

Just now I've found out some really curious thing. Have to make a video to demonstrate that... it could be app itself but I've absolutely no clue what causes this speed issue. Some part of the app is running absolutely fine but I know what it's happing in the background so this is quite odd...

[Edit] Well... will refer to a new topic because it doesn't really fit longer here.

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=10011.0

spicypixel

GLB is replacing the Android Icons with the crappy border. Arrggghhhh! Please someone help me get rid of this nightmare. How can we turn it off???????? I appreciate this maybe not an AE issue but I know you use AndroidIcons.exe to du this stuff for us. Can't we just delete the crappy icon png from glb directory?

spacefractal

its works with 12.096, but im needs to checking out 12.308.

Seen its still works fine on that version.

Howover its might create a icon in drawable/icon.png with AndroidIcons.exe does not handle, which im will fix in the next version. Howover its should have picked up drawable-hdpi version instead, which have the same icon size.

So some Android versions and devices can been strange on that one.

Uses the icon_xx_AndroidExtras.png AndroidIcons.exe create (from icon.png).

ps. AndroidIcons.exe might not work if Java SDK have created a new drive letter under compile? This is nothing im can due and you need to move the glbasic installation to a different folder without () in it. Im havent tested into this issue at all.

spacefractal

im will in next update update openiap to 0.9.7.2, which im uses a quite old version, which still uses Google Play v2. That also means its also supports bounce of new Android shops (which im howover have not tested, but have includede sku and keys).

That mean InAppConfig_PublicKeys$() in inapp_config.gbas and few things in inapp_functions.gbas is updated and have been changed a little bit in the next update.

Rest in the glbasic code is unchanged, but many files behind the hood is changed. etc im now using openiab-0.9.7.2.jar instead of the source code version.

So in the next version, you should delete the libs and src dir in your distribute\Android project to make sure all changes take effect, if you see some compile errors.

im will release it in few days. Im need some testing first.

spacefractal

Even im dosent like the physical adress requirement, im will finish off the StoreKit, because the new StoreKit now supports quite many appstores, not just Google Play.

Also for the Android version of iCloud im will look how Amazon Cognito works, which seen do a similar job. Its howover mightbeen required a Kindle Fire or such, but its uses the same idea and can uses the same functions.