Re: Black Sun Developement (Skecth GamePlay)

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hi r0ber7 I like to see some screenshots about cinema in Amiga... but really I never find it in Google Images :'( :'(

Ok, well I like to show a couple of new models, today I re-start the project... after a little pause...

[attachment deleted by admin]

erico

Is that walking thing a boss or a normal enemy?

The timing for walking thing is difficult, I would like to see how that goes!
I remember I was really impressed on Space Manbow on the msx2 back on the days...specially on the huge tank boss, the way it moves on the ground, always got my mind hooked on how things move on ground.

Don´t forget to do a level on a huge ship/tank/sub or something better :good:

I heard the msx guys did a manbow 2 sometime ago, I have to check that too.

Heck Mental, all that is giving me the freaks to do a shoot em up too, but I may do a vertical one, I am too coward to do a side ways one currently. :-[

Don´t post desktop shots! do a render!! :P

mentalthink

:good: Thanks Erico...
About this Enemy it's like, the War of the Worlds... really it's now animated, in less than 5 min... really ut's very easy, becuase the legs are do whit Nurbs, I only have to move the Circles in the sections in some specifics keyFrames... it's easy, now don't works very fine, but I think not it's a bit trouble, basically this "Enemy" it's a bit for the Backgrounds, for drawing something... but now I don't have nothing in  mind  :D

About Space Bambow 2, I think MSX have a version ... I never have an MSX (really a want buy in Phinland, only cost 40E an MSX2, in my Country, now the Spculation pass from building to 8 bits Computers  :D :D, minumim cost 100€), really I look this game in youtube and seems like a Arcade, it's really awesome like a Z80 with some Custom chips did... basically seems an Amiga (obviously this it's the Best Machine of all the times)

If you do a Shot'em up, and need some code , comment me... I'm cheaper 1000€ for code Line  :D :D , (Seriously, if you need some part, or need help, comment me, no problem!!!)

Well I hope this nitgh, put something more... I have to leave fly my Imagination...  :puke: :puke:

mentalthink

A bit graphic Update, this will be a torret, I have to cooking  a bit whit PS, but I think don't change a lot of...

erico

What? I thought it was a switch! :D

Just joking, it looks cool as all the other gfx. I like the red glowing windows!
How is the ice stage coming along?

Moooore, moooore.

mentalthink

HI Erico, I'm thinking to make the stage in the night... really I don't have a clear Idea how do the Backgrounds, perhaps when I do it, it's a desert... for me always occurs the same , I have an idea and after it's another thing totally different... We go to see, whats happends...
Thanks for your comments...

About switch, you refer the electric component?¿,... I look now and really it's similar...  :nana:

erico

Did you think about the HUGE SHIP stage?
There always must be a huge ship stage, like rtype and many other ships.

Do a huge submarine! :)

bigsofty

Looking better and better each time I take a peek at the development!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

matchy

The preview models and textures are stunning.

mentalthink

HI Erico, bigsfoty & matchy thanks for your comments, about put a submarine, I thinked about this... but I have to think in a future submarine... But really or I'm sure 99% I will put somestage under the Water...

I leave you a Sprite in movement... the duration it's less than a sec... only 25Frames, but Youtube don't make bucles, ins'it?¿, this it's only Wire model, I have to leave my brain think in in colors and textures  :P for the models...

erico

Nice kickback on shooting! :good:
There will probably be smoke on that shooting right? (make the bullet capsule go off too :D, ops, it´s a laser weapon :x)

Your modelling/rendering skills are superb!
More footage on the gameplay pleeeease! :-[

edit: are you going for a support/power ship like r-type?

edit2: if there will be any support ship, what about the style of prehistorical island/eco fighters? I played those to the end with my brother on arcades :)

mentalthink

HI Erico thanks a lot, this comment from you relly glad.. you make a very good works in 3D, you show me somthing make some time..
About the R-Type support, the player, have a Satellite giving rounds over the ship, and then when you press the button the satelitte accelerate and lauch the Hyperion... a very destructive Shot... You can put the module in front or rear the ship..

Perhaps if the game goes well in the market, I want add multiplayer, but really I don't know if I can capable to do this.. I thing it's complex make the conection between 2 devices and they runs whit out delay...

Well I finish just now, another model finally I do't think this will be the final render.. this it's lake a cave for some walls and then appears enemies from into it...

I leave you a Wire for the video in the previous post, and the model of this video...

mentalthink

Today it's productive  :P... It's a bit extrange, but I like me...

erico

They are all good looking!
A 2 player would be awesome!

More gameplay footaaaaaage! :D

Ian Price

Some really awesome 3D work here. :D

I really need to get into 3D.
I came. I saw. I played.