V8 beta

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatonastick

Apple needs to slow down on its product releases otherwise you are never going to be able to go on holiday.  =D
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

FutureCow

I haven't had the chance to download yet, so my appologies if this is already the case. Any chance of distributing the manual as html rather than the chm format?

MrTAToad

Gernot did say the total package size would be too big...

Kitty Hello

You can view it online, though.

MrTAToad

I had hoped my XML system could deal with it, but unfortunately it wasn't (found a bit of a limitation with it :) )

By the way, do you know of any programs to convert bitmaps/pngs etc to just binary data, for the MEM2SPR command ?

Kitty Hello

Write one. You can use SPRITE2MEM for that.

MrTAToad

Where can I get the latest beta ? The first post points to 8.006 (which I already have)

matchy

I'm still running 8.002. Is the internet update on for the beta?

FutureCow

I'd prefer to have a download twice the size if it meant I could get the help in html rather than chm format.
And though the internet version of the help pages is the most up to date, I don't like having to be hooked up to the net, so a downloadable html set of help files is definitely my preference.
Once you've downloaded them once, wouldn't the GLBasic update tool allow you to then just update the individual pages that had changed since the last update?

Kitty Hello

yes. No idea if there is an update, though ;)

MrTAToad

QuoteI'm still running 8.002. Is the internet update on for the beta?
Unfortunately no.  However, download the file from the first page as that is 8.006

Hark0

A simple question (or not)...

Are currently GLB V8 Beta compiling at native screen for iPad?

I have tried a simple test changing res at project settings.... I no see anything on screen, but apps are running (It play music...  :P)

TIA, Hark0
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

MrTAToad

I think 8.006 can...

S. P. Gardebiter

Does NOT work with IF? :x
Also waiting for compressed sound support ;_; (If ever)
~ Cave Story rules! ~

MrTAToad

Yes, NOT works with IF

Doubtful with compressed sound support - you might need BASS or FMOD for that.