Codesnippets > Math

Simplex Noise

<< < (3/3)

mentalthink:

--- Quote ---I could have done with this nearly 30 years ago!

I wrote an isometric "game" on my Amstrad CPC, where a tank traversed a 3D landscape, like the one shown in the bottom picture, all created in hand-inputted data. It worked well, but took forever to implement (and was pretty slow). Think Populous but with a tank, 10 years before Populous. Once I had the tank moving on the landscape my mission was completed and it was soon abandoned. I often think of it.

--- End quote ---

You have the .DSK ?¿  =D =D, I love to see this... I love the 3D in CPC...

fuzzy70:
I wrote quite a few isometric programs back in the 8bit day's, both knight lore style & wireframe style. I used faultline type generation for landscapes which was pretty quick tbh, not realtime quick but a few seconds for an array of 64x64 which was a few screens worth.

My isometric skills are really rusty but writing that has made me think about brushing up on it again.

Lee

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Ian Price:

--- Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Dec-23 ---
--- Quote ---I could have done with this nearly 30 years ago!

I wrote an isometric "game" on my Amstrad CPC, where a tank traversed a 3D landscape, like the one shown in the bottom picture, all created in hand-inputted data. It worked well, but took forever to implement (and was pretty slow). Think Populous but with a tank, 10 years before Populous. Once I had the tank moving on the landscape my mission was completed and it was soon abandoned. I often think of it.

--- End quote ---

You have the .DSK ?¿  =D =D, I love to see this... I love the 3D in CPC...

--- End quote ---
No. I've lost pretty much everything I ever did on CPC, Amiga and early pc. It was all either give away, sold, swapped or thrown out. Cimputer deaths killed much of my DOS days development. It's scattered around the internet, but I no longer have it. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version