Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

Schranz0r

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2018-Aug-30
Might be cool. I'll try to put GLBasic on STEAM...

[edit]
I can't get screenshots off YouTube videios :( Can you post me 2-3 screenshots, please?

Good news! :D
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

bigsofty

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2018-Aug-30
Might be cool. I'll try to put GLBasic on STEAM...

=D
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

r0ber7

Working on the Steam store page and support website. Going for "early access".  :P

dreamerman

Ah, yeah early access is a little different story, will need to read about it later..
You are planning to release it as English only game or to support those most populars languages on Steam?
I think that at least store page should be translated, even if you would use a Google translator for it :d
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

r0ber7

Steam release date set: 21 January 2019. Now Steam is reviewing my application.

Also, check out the new website: redwizardisland.com

bigsofty

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2018-Nov-16
Steam release date set: 21 January 2019. Now Steam is reviewing my application.

Also, check out the new website: redwizardisland.com

Woohoo! Well done r0ber7, we all know the last 5% of development before the release is the hardest stage.  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

Yep, site is also cool.
I like the trailer.

spacefractal

nice trailer.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

r0ber7

Thanks guys, appreciated. :) I just received a message from the Steam guys about how my graphical assets suck and should be updated or they won't open the store page. So now I have to do that, lol. Oh well, I guess I'll have better press images as a result after that.  ;)

QuoteCaution: Some of your screenshots aren't the recommended dimensions. For best results, please provide screenshots in high-res, widescreen format (ideally 1280x720 or 1920x1080). We recommend resolving this issue, but this won't prevent you from releasing the app. Failure: Your store page has failed our review because some capsule images do not feature your product's entire name. It is important for capsule images to have a clear product name because they appear in many places throughout the Steam store that may not also display your product's name. Please update the following capsule images: - Small Capsule (capsule_231x87.jpg) Failure: Your store page has failed our review because the capsule images need a bit of improvement on the artwork. Please update the following capsule images: - Main Capsule (capsule_616x353.jpg) Your artwork doesn't fill the available space of the capsule. Borders and other minimal treatments are fine around the edges if it is consistent with the game's artistic style. Capsule images are visible in many different parts of the Steam Store, and they are often the first impression Steam users will have of your app, so it is important to have quality capsule images. For more information regarding capsule images, please see: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/assets. Failure: Your store page has failed our review because the "About This Game" section doesn't fully explain what features and content a customer can expect to be included with their purchase. A good description will let the customer know what type of game it is and contain a list of features and content — essentially, what they can expect to get with their purchase. When reading through the description, they should get a sense of what the game is about. The description doesn't need to mention the genre (FPS, puzzle game, survival, RTS, and so on), but this is usually the easiest way to convey the gameplay. Failure: Your store page has failed our review because your Early Access answers do not fully explain what a customer can expect from your app. In particular, please expand on the answers to the following questions: - "How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?" This answer should give details about the features and content you plan on adding. In Early Access, it's very important to give customers a clear expectation of what features and content is missing before the game is considered complete. - "What is the current state of the Early Access version?" This answer should give details about the features and content currently implemented in the game, so customers buying it know what to expect. If all the features listed in the "About This" section are already implemented, you can simply add a line telling people to refer to that section for details. Caution: Your Early Access answer to "How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?" is a good start, but you might want to inform users where to contact you in order to provide feedback. This can be either a forum, a website, the Steam Discussion board, etc. However, leaving this unchanged will not prevent you from releasing your app.

:rtfm:

erico

It seems you just got the art on the wrong sizes. Their explanation can be confusing at some point but using their reference PSD should make things easier.
I got that part without problems, let me know if you need any help with that.

Their complain about my game was only related to the PAUSE function, which I didn´t implement (and won´t).
They also complained about the "plugin a joypad after the game has run" as it won´t detect, one has to start over.

I´m fine with both problems and might just add a note on the store page warning for that.

r0ber7

Thanks erico, I fixed all the things and posted again. Hopefully now the store page will be ok. :whistle:

dreamerman

In general best way is to have screen shoots/trailer in SD - 720p and HD - 1080p sizes, as they will scale without issues, and most stores (not only Steam) have containers with similar aspect ratio for that game media. And as full HD is mostly used screen resolution on Steam (65% as in last survey) it's good to show users how exactly the game will look on their monitors. So it's recommended to take that in note when designing game UI and so on. Additional work needed for special graphic resources like capsule images is worth time, at least for Steam platform, but that also requires some good ideas to make such image 'eye catching' and interesting for possible buyers.
Store page in 'beta' mode is visible only for dev/publisher or can be viewed by others?
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

r0ber7

Quote from: dreamerman on 2018-Nov-22
Store page in 'beta' mode is visible only for dev/publisher or can be viewed by others?

It has been approved so I set it to 'coming soon'. You can view the page here. :)

I think I will change the logo to something a bit more "flashy" and colourful, but overall I am quite happy with it.