Royalty-free resources

Previous topic - Next topic

Corax

Does anyone know where i can find royalty-free SFX and music ?

I also search for a freeware midi-composer other than Anvil.

amarliani

Corax

Thanks, i like the concept of this program. Reminds me of Buzz (Which never ran stable).

1. Do you know where i can get new machines ?
2. How can i convert the music into formats that can be used with GLB ?

amarliani

Ah, sorry, but I never really worked that much with it. It just came into my mind again that moment you asked...

Moru

There are instructions in the helpfile on how to get it to save as .wav. It's not exactly obvious but I got it to work somehow :-)

In the studio tab you have to right-click and add the machine "ES HD Recorder track (Stereo)"
Connect the output in the lower left of the ES Mixer 1 to the input of the recorder, and the output of the recorder to the Master machine.

Next go to the HD Recorder tab and choose where to save the stream by pressing the disc button.
Then press all red record buttons you can find in the HD Recorder tab and proceed go to Sequence Editor and press the red recorder button there too and it should record your song.

Can be a bit of trial and error in sound software I have noticed... never done anything worthwhile in anything though but this one looks like fun, I like to connect stuff together since I was a kid :-)

FutureCow

Have you checked Buzz lately? The latest version was released 2 days ago.

Kitty Hello

http://www.royaltyfreemusic.com/
These are not cheap, but very high quality. The iPhone game "Flight Control" uses them.

Moru

If you want free music and sound effects you can always visit Bjorn Lynnes homepage:

http://www.lynnemusic.com/blog/index.html

Ages ago he released this http://www.shockwave-sound.com/ and now there is a lot of music on it. I haven't used it myself though, don't have anything finnished that demands quality music yet :-)

A couple of months ago he also started a new site, http://www.1soundfx.com/ with only soundeffects.

Hemlos

Midi?

I wrote GLMidi, it is free, in www.GLBasic.com showroom.

If you know music, this is a scripting tool that saves midi files...these MID can be used with GLBasic.
It works good....i composed a bach song, charlie chaplin, sleeping beauty...and more sample included with it.

It only lets you put in 2 instruments tho.

If you need help with it, i can teach you....it does all the instruments, including the drumkits and gunshots.

To make a single gunshot is easy, and with 2 channels, you can make some really cool ones.

Its tricky if you dont know what an octave is though...you must have a good understanding of music to compose with it.

However, for using it for sound effects, its EASY.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Achim

Pls check out for royalty free music :

www.softworxs.de

=D

CYA !
- www.softworxs.de -
[Be different - play smart]

Kitty Hello

Are you no longer supporting GLBasic on your website?  :'(

Hemlos

hmm

GLBasic rules.
BlitzBasic drools, and is dead right?

Corax

QuoteHave you checked Buzz lately? The latest version was released 2 days ago.

Good news. This time it even runs stable.

QuoteI wrote GLMidi, it is free, in www.GLBasic.com showroom.

This is the most unusual concept I?ve ever seen for a music-program.
How do you adjust the Volume ?

QuoteIts tricky if you dont know what an octave is though...you must have a good understanding of music to compose with it.

I know what an octave is but not much more. I compose by trial and error.

Hemlos

Quote from: Corax on 2009-Jun-30
QuoteHave you checked Buzz lately? The latest version was released 2 days ago.

Good news. This time it even runs stable.

QuoteI wrote GLMidi, it is free, in www.GLBasic.com showroom.

This is the most unusual concept I?ve ever seen for a music-program.
How do you adjust the Volume ?

QuoteIts tricky if you dont know what an octave is though...you must have a good understanding of music to compose with it.

I know what an octave is but not much more. I compose by trial and error.

You use MUSICVOLUME command in glbasic.

Ok well the program uses all the octaves on a midi keyboard basically, cdefgab like that, after this b note, you would increment to the next octave to get a higher note.

If you understand this, GLMidi will be easy to use oncve you learn the format of the language

It has some error checking too, incase you write some of the script incorectly.

Achim

@Kitty Hello

softworxs is till now a "BlitzBasic only" website. But I will promise you:

As far as I have some free time I will update my website  =D

CYA !
- www.softworxs.de -
[Be different - play smart]