Visit the chat

mmo

Previous topic - Next topic

guttalingur

hi ...
im wondering does glbasic have the power to make a 100-150 person mmo
if the server would be hosted on a freebsd vps
and the client's on xp/linux/mac
what would you quess the bandwith requerments would be?
and the mem 128mb? 256?

Kitty Hello

GLBasic is just a C++ wrapper. Anything you can do in C++, you can do in GLBasic. Yes, you can write such servers.

guttalingur

any examples?

guttalingur

glbasic specific?

Hemlos

Quote from: guttalingur on 2009-Dec-08
any examples?

Theres a chat room in the DE section i believe.
But as far as mmo, i dont think anyone has built a game for that genre with glbasic yet.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Schranz0r

start with little games, not with MMO's... that will "break your neck"  :whistle:
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Hatonastick

Edit:  Ok I've removed my post.  I hope no-one read it or started to reply.  In any case my head isn't currently working well enough to provide a coherent response right now, as I'm having a bad health day, but I'd like to address this question later.  What I've just removed is a rambling, incoherent mess that would more likely confuse than help. :)

guttalingur

Quote from: Hatonastick on 2009-Dec-09
Edit:  Ok I've removed my post.  I hope no-one read it or started to reply.  In any case my head isn't currently working well enough to provide a coherent response right now, as I'm having a bad health day, but I'd like to address this question later.  What I've just removed is a rambling, incoherent mess that would more likely confuse than help. :)
:)